Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Corrective Bowsights for poor vision? >

Corrective Bowsights for poor vision?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Corrective Bowsights for poor vision?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default Corrective Bowsights for poor vision?

I am a right handed shooter but unfortunately I have astigmatism in my right eye also that is only able to be corrected to about 20/50. I though I shoot really well I sure would like a clearer picture. I have seen devivces called clarifiers and verifiers offered by on-line archery shops, does anyone know what these are? how they work, etc? or does anyone know of some other solution that may help? Thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Corrective Bowsights for poor vision?

Look up Rob Pa/Bowyer on here he has one that he showed me the other day. They make a big difference!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may be SOL with the astigmatism, but if you have a really good shop anywhere nearby they may have the Verifier lenses made by Specialty Archery. These little gizmo's thread into their SuperBall peeps. There are about 5 different diopters so it's best to try the different ones to see which you'd need---if it'd help. They are intended for those of us who need bifocals and are looking at blurry pins.

Clarifiers lenses are intended for those who use a powerful scope and need the target cleared up. I don't know if they'd work at different distances though. Most who use them might be able to shed some light on this. Here again, different diopters so you'd need to try these as well. And again, they can be had to fit the Specialty peep.

Nice peep really. You can use all these things with lenses or just different size apertures without having to remove the peep from the string. These lenses aren't cheap at about $25 each, but well worth the money if they work. Let's face it. We can't shoot any better than we can see.

Gettin old sucks in some ways.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know of any retailers that carry their line?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Good Post, I could use one myself. My sight pins are a little blurry and could use the help.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

When right eye problems occured for me I had the advantage of also being able to shoot left handed.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tims right, I have a verifier lens on two of my bows.

What verifiers do is magnify the pins but NOT the target. They clear up the pins that would otherwise blurr while concentrating on the target which is where you should be concentrating.

What I was finding was that (yeah I know Chad) as I age, my pins were starting to elongate/blurr when I concentrated on the target. I would find myself focusing between the target then the pins. With the verifier lens in my peep, I can concentrate on the target and my pins are now clear as well.

I don't need bifocals, I don't need glasses. I can see like a Hawk but I don't understand why my pins are starting to blur. I do however see that I'm losing my vision at very, very close distances and my right eye is worse then my left.

I bought mine at Lancaster Archery Supply, The Super Ball Peep is $21.99 and the Verifier lens' are $24.99 each. I use the weakest one, the #5 purple.

Now a Clearifier lens can only be used with scopes (lenses in your sight). The clearifier lens' do just that, clear up the picture that the scope or lens in your sight magnifies. Using a clearier in your peep without a lens in your scope/sight will cause your target to blur and appear very small.

So it's a verifier to clear the pins and a clearifier to clear the vision in the scope.

With both you'll need the Specialty Super Ball Peep Housing and then the appropriate Specialty Hunter Super Peep verifier.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=7872&osCsid=1772e 0a6c459cfd708d2a4e59ceb2a40

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=6187&osCsid=1772e 0a6c459cfd708d2a4e59ceb2a40
Old 03-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob,

What size is your Verifier? if and when you need a #6 maybe we could swap. I think I need a #5, but it wasn't available when I got mine. I have the 1/4" model.

For those who need more info try www.specialtyarch.com. There's so much stuff o there it will boggle the mind/ Two different size ball peeps, different colors, different angle for short or long bows, hooded or non. There's even a model that uses the dreaded rubber tube aligner.

This is the model I have with the Verifier lens. It's all that was available in 1/4" when I got mine so I just cut the attachment nipple off and use it wihout a tube. This peep is plastic whereas all the others are aluminum.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have the #7 verifier and it helps me.I probably could have got by with a #6 but the way my eyes are getting weak I went with the 7.It sure stopped the pin halo and double pins.I ordered mine from Keystone Country Store
Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Rob,

What size is your Verifier? if and when you need a #6 maybe we could swap. I think I need a #5, but it wasn't available when I got mine. I have the 1/4" model.

For those who need more info try www.specialtyarch.com. There's so much stuff o there it will boggle the mind/ Two different size ball peeps, different colors, different angle for short or long bows, hooded or non. There's even a model that uses the dreaded rubber tube aligner.

This is the model I have with the Verifier lens. It's all that was available in 1/4" when I got mine so I just cut the attachment nipple off and use it wihout a tube. This peep is plastic whereas all the others are aluminum.
I have both a 1/8" and a 1/4" . I had owned a Super Peep that must not be available anymore. This is where I have the 1/8" verifier.

I have this peep now since I had ordered the 1/4" and it didn't fit my original Super Peep. But like Matt / PA says, the verifier is actuall 3/16" because it screws into the 1/4" adapter that fits in the Super Ball Peep.

Here is the link to the Peep: http://www.specialtyarch.com/peeps.asp

And the verifiers: http://www.specialtyarch.com/verifiers.asp

Quick Reply: Corrective Bowsights for poor vision?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.