Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll) >

Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
17.50%
No
36.67%
I would find a way to ask for permission
45.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 AM

Default RE: Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

I would like most everyone ask for premission if denied then stay out and try to lure this "monster" over the fence but in a legal manner. I know as a land owner I would not like someone tresspass on me.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had enough smoke bombs (the good kind) I might think about trespassing.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I can't believe people would vote yes on this poll
This thread is pointless, it is advocating breaking a very significant law[>:]

How many that voted yes....also own land? Very few....
Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I can't believe people would vote yes on this poll
This thread is pointless, it is advocating breaking a very significant law[>:]

How many that voted yes....also own land? Very few....
I'm surprised at some of the names on that list of yes votes too. I'm aslo noticing they are not coming forth either. I'm sure if they owned land and caught someone after their monster, they'd think differently. What do you think yes voters?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guilty of voting yes.....

hit the wrong button...

I would ask for permission. If it was denied I would stay the hell out!
I agree with Txjourneyman.

And If I see a Monster on another property, it is most likely on a property boardering my familys, so I could get permission to slip in, without consequence.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

No...if I were a land owner I would not want someone to do it to me...so I will not do it to anyone. I WOULD NOT do it.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, and I have the exact situation every year... but wouldn't ever tresspass& hunt it.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a chance. I have a neighbor who is a jerk to all of us around him. Lost a nice doe this year after she ran onto his property. No chance she livedthe way she was bleedingwhen she crossed the fenceline. No chance of getting permission, so I am sure the corpse is in his back woods somewhere. My only consolation was the coyotes had a couple days of food. I am sure I could have gotten in and out without his knowledge, but the law is the law.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Questions of this nature have be beaten to death on here many times in the past.While given the situation described if the adjoining land is not posted I am going on it if it is in a desolate area,if it is an area that is not desolate I am asking the land owner for permission.If denied I will not set foot on it.
Now before the ethics police jump on my back about desolate versus not desolate I would suggest you save your breath.I am completely comfortable with my values,ethics,morals etc.The same person who says they wont set foot on private property spliced an extra TV cable hookup in their existing line or claims things on their taxes that aren't on the up and up or denies their wife basic living necessities so they can purchase thenew this or new that.Only each one of us knows if we are living our lives in accord with doing things right as it relates to the things that are really important!
Me setting foot on land that most people don't have the stamina to get to and is miles from the closest building or residence and is unposted doesn't exactlyput my face on the wall of the post office.In my state I havn't broken a law if the land is unimproved,if it is not posted I can enter it,until requested not to by the land owner.
We have significant amounts of mountain land that has been and continues to be purchased up by the Department of environmental protection,then they post it heavily.In many instances it is extremely desolate and the signs say no entry for any reason.Try that on for size,your tax dollars have helped to purchase rugged mountain land and you can't set foot on it for any reason.Your tax dollars bought it,it comes off the tax rolls and no one can use it.Welcome to New York State!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

+1. Thanks tsoc. For fear of ostracization and massive lambasting I did not defend my original post(ok I'm a ***** meow). But you said exactly what I wanted to say. Welcome to New York State!

Quick Reply: Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.