Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll) >

Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
17.50%
No
36.67%
I would find a way to ask for permission
45.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Hey guys...Trespassing on private land is just bad and I wouldn't want it ifI was a largeland owner...

However..

Sometimes we're faced with property owned my city, government, or other....and it is available to us because it may be near where we hunt. If you new the area held Monster would you slip in....Not when you were 16 and young and dumb....would you do it now if you felt it was low risk?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

It depends... If it was an area that I used to be able to hunt and was taken over for unreasonable reasons then yes I would do it. if someone bought it then no if you snooze you loose... when I was younger I did do it... got within 20 yards of a 160" 12 point and missed... so I felt it was a sign so I never did do it again. now I stick to private land all to myself.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Where I live, there is no public land to hunt, everything is privately owned. Lots of big estates or horse farms on big(30+) acreage plots that dont get used for anything other than being obnoxiously rich. I have a few spots that i have permission to hunt that back up to or border properties like this. I always stay on my piece but if it becomes apparent through plenty of time and scouting that an adjacent property is not being used I dont have a problem bleeding in, IF I HAVE A REASON. I will add, that I always end up asking permission.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

No .... but I would try to lure that MONSTER over to where I can legaly hunt him.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 PM

Wouldn't even consider it.

Tresspassing is trespassing, no matter the reason. The consequenses will be the same regardless.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Wouldn't even consider it.

Tresspassing is trespassing, no matter the reason. The consequenses will be the same regardless.
Gotta agree with ya there man, its just not worth it!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tresspassing is one of the sins that gives ALL hunters a blackeye. I would never consider doing it and would never condone it being done.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't want someone to do it to me so I don't do it to others.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Low risk? is this kinda like kinda illegal? one thing I've learned is illegal is illegal, and maybe unlikely to get in trouble, or let off with a warning etc....though if possible, they can throw the book at you, and this is the world we live in. So trying ot get permission is the only way to go, otherwise, sorry, find a way to get that big boy on your property. I wish we lived in a more personal world, but we don't plain and simple, people get lawyers, laws are laws. I'm not a landowner just yet, but have plenty of problems elswhere with trespassers on leases etc....and when I do become a landowner, anyone caught trespassing, is getting busted! no excuses, it'll be posted and the warnings present.

The only time I've heard people consider is when youre hunting a property line and that buck is just on the other side of the fence.....though I'd say wait for him to jump onto your property, because if i caught someone shooting a deer on my side of the fence, I'd be taking that buck.

So my thoughts to you what's the law? penalities? fines? jailtime? is it worth it?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Hell no! To me its not really "earning" the buck if i go and take it off someone elses land. for example.. i knew this one guy in high school who was LOADED. before he went to college he wanted a big screen tv but his parents wouldnt get him one. instead of getting a job and working his tail of for something he wanted, he went and sold weed and coke. Hes a low life and doesnt care about values and morals. I would rather not shoot a deer than tresspass for something thats not mine. just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Trespassing in pursute of a monster (Poll)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.