Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's going trad, this season? >

Who's going trad, this season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's going trad, this season?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Default RE: Who's going trad, this season?

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Well im not as commited as some of you, But here is the deal I started with one (recurve) back in the very late 70's, its an Indian savage, I was very green back then, never killed anything with it and have always wanted to redeam myself with it. My Dad hung on to it all these years and recently gave it back to me Im thinking if i get my buck via compound, then ill switch to the recurve and try it on a shelia I gotta get fixed up with some new arrows, glove and alot of practice this summer, ill probably keep it 15 yards and under, its only 45#'s.
What a coincidence! I inherited a 45# indian savage that I'm going to hunt with this fall. I've been bowhunting 30+ years, started with recurve like you way back when.... Almost all of my kills have been within 15 yards anyway, what the heck.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM

I use the trade of method for all my bow's. I hunt with one then the other so I think I will pass on sticking to one. My other bows may feel left out.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may dig out the old recurve this year for a hog just for the heck of it. I took my 1st 38 Biggame animals with recurves & wood, Fiberglass arrows so I havedone plenty. I also shot a perfect outdoor animal round & won my class in a Great Lakes Sectional tounament with a recurve & indoor 300 rounds. I don't shoot any farther at animals with my Compound than I did my recurves-in fact, my farthest kills in yards has been with recurves.
Traditional is great but Archery & Bowhunting is just that-a great sport no matter what you choose.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I didn't take it that way at all, PA. I just make it a point to disagree with Asbell as often as possible.
What does he say that bugs you so much?