Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gas Prices hindering hunting? >

Gas Prices hindering hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gas Prices hindering hunting?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gas Prices hindering hunting?

Gas prices won't seriously affect Americans until it reaches the magical $5.00/gallon mark. IMHO....
I would have to disagree, I think many people were effected in a bad way when it got to $2.00/gallon. I know people who literally have to chose between food and gas. I'm talking single parent families with a minimum wage job. Don't get me wrong they may not go hungry, but they may choose to get canned food instead of steak, etc, can't take their kids to the movies oncein a while. Most people may not be this way, but I can assure you everyone lives close to people that are effected.

Luckily I am not one of these people, but I don't have money by anyone's standards. But, I do cut back. I do drive to hunt, but I did move 15 miles closer to work, one of the biggest reasons was I saved about 50%-60% in gas savings alone. And I try to make 1 trip for everything if I can.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Gas prices won't seriously affect Americans until it reaches the magical $5.00/gallon mark. IMHO....
I go right out the back door to hunt also, but I do set aside 5 extra dollars a week for future trips that use gas. What about these people that are forced to put gas on a credit card, 3 plus dollars a gallon with interest...How do I get into that business? Come to think of it.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

There's no doubt about it for me, I put three bucks in the trunk of my car last fall on three different out of state do it yourself hunts! I sure wish I had the money most of you guys have by the sounds of it!
The great thing is nobody has a clue when your parked off the side of the road that your hunting!
Have coolers, will travel!