Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

prices when hunting hogs

Old 06-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Default prices when hunting hogs

is true, i have heard it is free to hog hunt or is it pricey
Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: prices when hunting hogs

depends on where you are and who you know. I hunt year round on a lease I pay $500 a year for. Some people join me on hunts and it is free since they are my guests. Or you could try to findhogs on public land or go with an outfitter. There is one hog hunt in the classified that I think is a great deal. Its like $200 for a weekend. I've never been on one of these hunts or been to that place but $200 for the hunt and lodging as well as a BBQ sounds like a good deal.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:23 PM

We can beat that price at the ranch i guide,,,The price for a hog is 50 bucks any size,if you don't bag a hog you pay nothing,,,we always try and accomadate for each hunter,,we also offer exotic hunts on this ranch
Old 06-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: crowntaker

We can beat that price at the ranch i guide,,,The price for a hog is 50 bucks any size,if you don't bag a hog you pay nothing,,,we always try and accomadate for each hunter,,we also offer exotic hunts on this ranch
Just where would this be??
Do they have a web site?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Wi all you need is a small game license. $20.00 if you own land in Wi you dont even need a license to shoot pigs.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 PM

The web sight is west texas exotics and birds,,,if you do not find that let me know,,,806-548-6863,,,brownfield texas,,,,,give me a call and i'll give you more info,,,thanks Ray
Old 06-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Bowhunted several places in Tx. & Ok. over the past 5 years in the off season. Great time. Prices have been from $100 a day to $300 package deal 2/3 days. This was over feeders with a stand furnished & cabin-you do your own cooking. Just got back from Shiloh in Oklahoms-8 Bowhunters took 17 hogs of every size you can think of.
It's great fun especially since it's a hunt not available to most in the Midwest, West or North. My son-in-law with one of two hogs he took in 2 1/2 days.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

My friend got invited to a once in a lifetime opportunity hunt,on an island.They were requested to only shoot 75 to 100 pounders..Him and 3 others took these 12 hogs in 3 hours with their bows...He admitted himself it was way too easy.He enjoyed it,but it wasn't as fun as taking a wild one.

You can hunt in a pen over bait...or you could hunt free ranging hogs.DO you want a gauranteed kill?Do you want a primarily domestic(700 pounds+)hogzilla type hog?Do you want a true feral hog?How far will you travel?

I hunt some public land with free ranging hogs.100% fair chase.Most of the hogs are in the 150# or less size range.If you would like to come over this way I would help you.I have a ton of pics from the last year if you'd like to see them.

In the penned hunts around here atypical meat hog is around $150,and a trophy boar would be $250 and up.Those are gauranteed hunts in pens.Oh yeah,plus your lodging,food,gas..etc..You can't gaurantee a free ranging hunt unless you bait the heck out of them.I know some guys who will sell you a hunt quick doing just that.A guy in north ga baits them hard and pulls them off of Primarily unpressured public land.He would be a gauranteed free ranging hunt.

I offer a free hunt,but if you figure gas,food,you would need to buy non-resident liscense,and a $40 permit to hunt where I do.SO...probably $200 bucks for liscenses..It'll cost you.I don't charge anything to guide people.

It might be best to go to a pen hunt where you can get a gaurantee,and be closer to home.Look at your options,your budget,and how far you will travel.Yes some people will let you hunt hogs for free,but people are finding out they can make money on feral hogs,and they will make money however they can.

If you need info on some of those gauranteed hunts around here just let me know.