Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Devastated...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Devastated...

Need to vent, I'm so sick right now. Placed a call to the owner of one of my hunting spots yesterday to touch base with him. Usually see him once or twice a season, but this year didn't see him at all and wanted to make sure everything was okay. He just left me a message telling me that the people who bought the property adjacent and to the rear of him told him that they caught a couple of people hunting their property and they said that he gave them permission to be there. He also said that he didn't think it would be a good idea to hunt there anymore. I'm completely crushed right now. Its one of my go to spots. I've been hunting it since '96. I've also been hunting a real good buck in there for the last 2 years. I just left him another message explaining that it wasnt me who had the run in, and that I've never even seen another hunter where I hunt. I also kind of know the people that own the adjacent piece and I told him this hoping he'd reconsider.
I have at least 4 new spots lined up, none guaranteed, that would take this ones place, but it would be like losing a old friend if I couldn't go there anymore. This is what I get for trying to do the right thing. If I didn't call him, I could've kept hunting at least until he came to me. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Devastated...

Tough break!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

That sucks man. Good luck getting it back.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are on good terms with the other people, I am sure, with their help, explain to the owner that you are not at fault. Try to explain it to him that you can help police he land and keep people that should not be there from being there. Good luck, I hope you are able to work it out.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

The other owners are hunters, and unfortunately I think they may b e concocting stories to influence my guy into not letting me hunt anymore. I hunt this property a lot, and have never ever seen anyone enter the woods from my side. Thus leading me to believe the story is made up. Hopefully I can work it out with him since the area where I park and hunt is on the other side of where the new owners are. I'm still pissed though.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to here that. Hopefuuly you can get back.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:12 PM

that sucks good luck
Old 02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer man, i hope you get things straightened out.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another example of how bad it sucks to be a non-land owning hunter. That is the most frustrating part of hunting to me. If you don't own good land or are in good-graces with those who do.....hunting is tough. Public last, for the most part, sucks. At least in my area where there isn't much public land and what public land we do have is over-hunted.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: loogout1

The other owners are hunters, and unfortunately I think they may b e concocting stories to influence my guy into not letting me hunt anymore. I hunt this property a lot, and have never ever seen anyone enter the woods from my side. Thus leading me to believe the story is made up. Hopefully I can work it out with him since the area where I park and hunt is on the other side of where the new owners are. I'm still pissed though.
It's amazing how low people can sink to eliminate competion in the woods. 10 years ago, I got permission to hunt a 400 acre farm. Hunted it forfor several years, and shot some decent bucks every year. The only other people that hunted it in bow season was an old man and his son. The old man hadthe place to himself for about 25 years, and from what I heard, was not happy I was given permission. And the fact that I was much more successful that him and hisson didn't helpt matters. The son worked with a good friend of mine, but didn't know that he knew me. He was always whining about me hunting out there. After I had been hunting the farm for 4 years, the son began to tell my friend how him and his dad startedfeeding the farmer these made-up stories about how I was bringing other people on the farm to hunt, that I had stolen one of the son's treestands, that I was trespassing on adjacent properties, and just all kinds of stuff like that. He told my friend that they were going to get me kicked off the property one way or another. Well,it worked.The farmer's sonsaw me at a bar one night andsaid his dad (the farmer) told him to tell me there would be no morehuntingallowed on the farm, but I know for a fact that the old man and his son still hunt it. I never even bothered totell the farmer what I knew was going on. I figuredI'd be better off getting out clean before they pulled something that could get me in legal trouble. It's embarassing that people like that exist in our sport.

Quick Reply: Devastated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.