Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Devastated...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Devastated...

tough break
Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, its al about greed. I just hope it works out. Thanks for all the support though, I'm pretty bummed about it. My wife was a big help with, "so, now you're gonna be pissed all the way to next season?" Forget I mentioned it honey.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

dude that really sucks. Let things blow over and stay in good with him it could change!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM

When someone does me wrong like that ,I get mad but most of the time it turns out to be a blessing in the long run. Let's hope that you kill your best buck next year and that will drive them nuts.Good luck.

[/align]
Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that ssucks.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that sounds like good old Westchester, NY. I hunted there in the 90s and stuff like that was the norm. I lost good spots because the neighbors made trouble for the land owners all the time. Great hunting because it's bow only there, but the people wanna make me puke til this day. Then they cry when their shrubs are getting destroyed as fast as their vehicles.

I hope you find a new spot.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have been through that before.....it sucks
Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Once or twice a year contact witha land owner is NOT nearly enough. If you'd made a conserted effort to stay in touch(face to face) and just shot the breeze a little you would still be in. Now you have to prove you're a good guy and maybe you'll get back in. I suspect they're lining up to hunt the place themselves. If the neighbors are new they probably don't have a track record with the guy either. I wouldn't be leaving messages... I'd go knock on his door no matter how many times I had to do it to catch him at home. Simply ask him, who was it that traspassed? I'm sure they didn't give you my name. Offer to post the place and patrol it to keep out undesireables.If you get in your next stop is with the new neighbors to assure them it's not you. Make friends ... not waves. The last thing a landowner wants is to get in the middle of a squabble. Heck, maybe go see the new neighbors first to see who it was. If they don't have a name or answer.... your answer is they're making it up. Don't cause a stink but go see the landowner and go through the good will bit. If you get in go back and talk to the neighbors and tell them you're in and you'll watch for trepassers for them.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Once or twice a year contact witha land owner is NOT nearly enough. If you'd made a conserted effort to stay in touch(face to face) and just shot the breeze a little you would still be in. Now you have to prove you're a good guy and maybe you'll get back in. I suspect they're lining up to hunt the place themselves. If the neighbors are new they probably don't have a track record with the guy either. I wouldn't be leaving messages... I'd go knock on his door no matter how many times I had to do it to catch him at home. Simply ask him, who was it that traspassed? I'm sure they didn't give you my name. Offer to post the place and patrol it to keep out undesireables.If you get in your next stop is with the new neighbors to assure them it's not you. Make friends ... not waves. The last thing a landowner wants is to get in the middle of a squabble. Heck, maybe go see the new neighbors first to see who it was. If they don't have a name or answer.... your answer is they're making it up. Don't cause a stink but go see the landowner and go through the good will bit. If you get in go back and talk to the neighbors and tell them you're in and you'll watch for trepassers for them.

MOST landowners yes.....but some (I know a couple)are not like that
Old 02-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Never met one that a visit outside of the hunting season 4 or 5 times a year didn't help and was appreciated. You can always gets some cow poop on your shoes saying hello and helping herd a loose cow or something.

Quick Reply: Devastated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.