Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Loosing the family farm >

Loosing the family farm

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loosing the family farm

Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Loosing the family farm

Marquette--I am very sorry to hear this, especially in these time where land is so hard to come by.....I really hope that before I am gone, that I can secure some land for my family for generations. I have never had any, but one day I hope to....best of luck and I hope you get to keep that property.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like real muddy water. a few ideas. is the land divided? can you buy your aunts share? maybe lease the farm land to offset cost? sell a few plots to help pay? lease the hunting rights at least for a while to help pay? get the 60 that you love soo much legally placed with your mom so if the worst happens you at least can hold that part. If people dont get along it is important to talk to each party alone. sell the idea that it is important to keep the land in the family. invite them to come back and visit. good luck
Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marquette Hey Buddy that sucks, when do you think this is going to happen. Greed might be a problem because around that area you will get top dollar for your property. Is that the land we tracked your buck on with the creek. If someone else gets that you might as well pick and move because it will kill you seeing other people on it looking out your window. IthinkImbuying this house next to our land with a 90 acretrack on it with 12 ponds you can live with me and hunt that land because I'll be across the street.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the support guys, and yes StabnSlab it is that property. I talked with my Aunt today and that is the latest news. Nothing is happening yet but I am thinking in the near future it will all go south.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

We were face with this about 15 years ago. My dad/mom bought the others out. I do not know if that is an option for you.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Some outfitters will probably buy if it the property is pretty good!...so my advice to you is to try and buy what you can if they end up selling. Just because the 1/3 owner lost her job doesn't mean the whole thing will get sold. Someone else can buy her share, which might not be all that bad. I don't know how you would divide up the 170 acres though? Good luck.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

56.6 acres each, make sure to get the best 56
Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 AM

I feel bad for you. We deal with the same thing here where we hunt in southern New York. We got kicked off the main portion of thisfarm, but we can still hunt this smaller portion of the same farm. They said it was because of insurance reasons. But how can that be if we can still hunt a smaller part of the same farm. It still is all under the same insurance. Then to try and find other farms to hunt is next to impossible. But eventullly we found some private land which everyone can hunt so it is not alll that great. But it gets the job done.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

From what I've seen it seems the whole state is up for sale and some of it isn't badly priced. Wish I lived closer.I talked to someone yesterday who's... well his advise was not to get in anymore debt for some time. Keep your head.

You'd think land prices would be good now, not by what I've seen. Your land will most likely reflect those increases although your state seems to be still on the reasonable side.

Quick Reply: Loosing the family farm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.