Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Loosing the family farm >

Loosing the family farm

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loosing the family farm

Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Loosing the family farm

I hunt on the family farm. We have 170 acres of really great property. My Mom is 1/3 owner and she loves the land, My Aunt lost her job and wants the money from her 1/3 but is kind of lingering along with the idea of keeping it in the family, and My Uncle is on the breaking point of retirement and will probly want to sell and move out of the area. None of them get along at all and I see big problems in the future. This really sucks for me because I baught the family farm wich the land is conected to. I have 3 acres and look out my window every day at the rest of the property. I am the only one that really uses the land, and I feel really horable about the future of it. Sorry just had to vent...
Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Loosing the family farm

Sorry to hear, but with interest rates falling can you buy them out? Since it's farm-land and you have a military back ground I'd think you should get an awesome rate. Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd figure a way to buy at least part of it . Does it have a house on it you could rent?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

That really does suck. Like the other said, you might want to look into buying at least part. I hope you find a way to work it out.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the farm house, my uncle has a house in the middle of the property, he owns 2 acres him self. I just bought the house last year so my morgage is, well still ALOT!! I have a good job but I don't know if I could afford to buy it. There is a 60 acre parsle I will do anything I can do to get if it comes down to it. Hopefully keeping it in the family will spark some interest within the 3 owners and they could give a decent price. But I am afraid GREED is very heavy in their hearts....
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have experienced three farms in the family change hands over the last 20 years. Only one went well. The new owners have really done good things with the property. The second, my grandparents' farm, was fought over by three of the five kids and they ended up selling it to a doctor from overseas. The land has gone to pot, the barn is in a pile and the silos are falling down. The house looks like something from the depression era. The third was sold off by the kids and is going to be developed into small housing lots. It was a beautiful farm at the base of the mountain right next to state land. My parents still live on the farm where I grew up. I would do all I could to keep that farm.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happend to my step Dad. His grandparents had 400 acres of the best land in the area. his father got willed the land but was a sevear alchoholic and sold the land for 10grand and then drank the whole bit. two different people have bought that land since and now he can hunt it again but every thing has changed and knowing that it really should have been his really hurts him.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should ask who ever buys it, if you can still hunt it.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know how you feel, im losing the farm ive been hunting on since i was born... it really sucks, but public land, here i come!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks

Quick Reply: Loosing the family farm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.