Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of a target set up do you have? >

What kind of a target set up do you have?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of a target set up do you have?

Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What kind of a target set up do you have?

As a backstop for errant arrows, an old hot tub lid is excellent. If you can get a discard from a local dealer, use it c/w with vinyl cover and styrofoam interior. With my group of high school kids, this has captured many an arrow which might otherwise have been broken or lost.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Default RE: What kind of a target set up do you have?

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

ORIGINAL: sunset

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

I am a 4H archery instructor. Or county (Warren) has a pretty good backstop. Its a big heavy material like canvas or something draped over a large frame behind the targets. It works pretty good as the kids put it to work a bunch. LOL
Is it like a canvas that you would tarp a truck with? I could buy one at farm & fleet. My 2 daughters practice with me. It gets expensive when they miss and we lose the arrows. Is it sturdy enough to stop the arrows?
The straw is getting pretty yucky. The canvas sounds like a good idea.
Yep same stuff. With the kids it stops the arrows fine. Occasionaly they stick in the canvas. Its doubled and have never had anything hit the second part. Basicaly its folded in half over the frame. Works real good and if you put a bag target etc in front of it you shouldn't loose any arrows.

BTW if you are anywhere near Cincinnati bring your girls out to our club and check it out and they can shoot too. Just let me know and I get the meeting dates for you.
Thanks for everyone's input. My target area needed some upgrades. I appreciate the ideas.

Thanks for the invite also. My cousin lives in Wilmington. My daughters and I go there to ride horses & hang out with family. How far away is the shooting range from Wilmington?