Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's shed hunting so far? >

Who's shed hunting so far?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's shed hunting so far?

Old 02-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who's shed hunting so far?

When I gotto the woodsyesterday to do some shed hunting I found more human trails throughout the area than deer trails.It seems to me shed hunting is becoming quite popular even among non hunters in my area.It is pretty bad when you gotta hike a mile in to find sheds.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

the snow has really piled up here, we just broke a 92 year old record were I live so the sheds have been put on hold, but I may try to snowshoe into a southern exposure Sunday, just to see if I can find something.. I have about 4 feet of snowstanding in my front yard and about 6 feet on the mountain behind my place I want to snow shoe over to get to the southern side.. I cant hardley stand it..usually by now I have picked up 20 or so..
Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I walked last Sun. for aboutfour hoursand didn't find any sheds. I bumpedthree bucks still carrying antlers though. I did findtwo dead does. There was nothing but bones left, so I couldn't even guess at what killed them. I'll be back at it today, hopefully with better results.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went for a nice stroll yesterday after work, But once my 3 year-old decided he wanted to go, it actually truned more into a flurry of me answerring questions that ended in WHY...lol He called it the big adventure. I gotta give the little trooper credit, he hung in there and didn't want to come home even though he was dragging butt.

We did find some MONSTER tracks and some pretty nice rubs...and lots of blueberries. (thats what he called the first pile of droppings) I said, do you know what these are? He said, YEAHBlueberries..funny stuff.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:57 AM

I found this guy yesterday.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Haven't found anything in MD yet but deer running around with their antlers still on. Of course I almost broke my leg finding this information out. G.D. beaver dam.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM

I am from new hampshire and realy enjoy shed hunting I am heading to plainview illinois at the end of the month to try my luck.
Any suggestions on what to keep in mind on areas to search.