Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's all the fuss about??  (forgiveness--accuracy--etc) >

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Old 02-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

The canting of the bow will most definitely shoot low ... all things being equal ..... the more you cant the bow .... the lower and more right it will shoot ... again, all things being equal .... picture from the peep to the sight being the center ... then rotate the bow, keeping the pin on the target, the position of the arrow rotates right and ldown, (assuming you are canting to the right) .... keep turning hunter and bow until he is standing on his head ..... the arrow will be off the approximate distance from the sight to the arrow x2 ...... you guys gettin it?
Yes i get it, but what if you start off 45 degree cant, then aim?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ok, but what if you cant your bow and it is consistant? One starts of 45 degree and hold through the shot. Being one is looking through a peep would the string and pins not still line up?

BTW I am just trying to understand, being I do not have a peep. TFOX thanks for your help
No,they would not because they are sighted in vertical.AND the pin is above center and the arrow is actually above center as well so it is not rotating in the center,it is rotating above center.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Keeping your head straight up wouldn't do it. Leaning your head 45 degrees to coincide with the angle of the cant wouldn't do it. Your peep/pinline-of-sightare on a completely different line than the launch angle of the arrow and the two lines do not intersect. The arrow will hit far to theleft when the bow is canted 45 degrees to the right and you have the sight pin on the target. What you claim you did is physically impossible.
Arthur.....All I can tell you is....go try it. I was VERY skeptical....and I went down to shoot it at 20yds. I can do it again and take photos.....but the two groups of 3 arrows were about the same size.....just the canted right arrows were lower.....maybe just a couple inches.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I didn't call you a liar, either...(and I KNOW who you're talking about).

If I was gonna call you a liar.....I'd cite something like your quote in the WB thread that you tried to spin.

But I didn't.

Jeff,

I know it's your mission in life to try and catch me in a lie...........I don't know why but good luck, I don't lie. No spin at all........your actions (and others) in the WB thread and this one only further prove that it's true.Look at the questions about that guys shots in that thread.......the conspiracytheories didn't take long and that guy did everything possible to avoid them because he knowswhat I said is true..........no matter what a single person does there will be people that areon a mission to discredit them. You running down in your basement to try and prove me wrongisa crystal clear example. I'm sure you were terribly disappointed tofind out I didn't make it up
Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

The canting of the bow will most definitely shoot low ... all things being equal ..... the more you cant the bow .... thehigher and moreleft it will shoot ... again, all things being equal .... picture from the peep to the sight being the center ... then rotate the bow, keeping the pin on the target, the position of the arrow rotatesleft and up, (assuming you are canting to the right) .... keep turning hunter and bow until he is standing on his head ..... the arrow will be off the approximate distance from the sight to the arrow x2 ...... you guys gettin it?
Yes i get it, but what if you start off 45 degree cant, then aim?
I actually had it backwards [X(]I fixed it here tho

As far as your question .... what TFOX said [:-]
Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Keeping your head straight up wouldn't do it. Leaning your head 45 degrees to coincide with the angle of the cant wouldn't do it. Your peep/pinline-of-sightare on a completely different line than the launch angle of the arrow and the two lines do not intersect. The arrow will hit far to theleft when the bow is canted 45 degrees to the right and you have the sight pin on the target. What you claim you did is physically impossible.

Arthur............I can ASSURE you it is not impossible............in fact it wasn't even that difficult. Why on earth would I make it up?

Now, if you'd said you just aimed down the arrow and shot barebow, then yes. It's perfectly possible to shoot that kind of group at 25 yards with the bow canted 45 degrees.I do it all the time.

But for what you say you did, I have to call BS.

LOL..............care to make a wager on that Arthur?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

This is crazy. Lots of wasted energy around here. Or very bored people.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know you say you are no expert...but take a beginner or someone who cannot shot as well as you....those slight changes in their shooting would, IMO, have much more dramitic results...even at 25 yards....someone who has shot for as long as you have, could still mentally correct for your "forced" errors....just my 2 cents...

Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

...but take a beginner or someone who cannot shot as well as you....those slight changes in their shooting would, IMO, have much more dramitic results...even at 25 yards....

I believe a poorly tuned bow magnifies those form errors and since atlasman's bow and arrows are tuned the errors don't manifest like they would with a poorly tuned bow and a poorly tuned arrow. And you are more likely to find poorly tuned bows and arrows with those beginners.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

In all honesty, Atlas....Rob and I had this very discussion a few months ago....and I'd never tried it (TFOX was in on that one, too). Don't flatter yourself. I needed to see for me.

It IS an unfortunate fact that there are those who will jump at any opportunity to tryto discredit another forum member. I had it happen to me when I shot at two deer in one day, this past fall. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I had let this go. Let it.

Quick Reply: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.