Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past >

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Germ, here's the website for FOB's. http://www.starrflight.com/ When I first saw them, I said the same thing as Bigj. Having the FOB pop off isn't in my mind an advantage, like he said, I don't need to know the exact spot of impact either. Popping off for better penetration to me isn't an advantage either, by time it gets that deep into an animal the arrow has penetrated plenty far enough. These are side effects, and not advantages. The advantages are that it takes 2 seconds to put one on an arrow. No glue, no waiting, just pop 1 on, it's held in place by your knock. No broad head tuning needed. (Muzzy and Thunderhead shooters should love 'em.) The biggest advantage is shooting in windy conditions. I'll trade popping off at impact for better accuracy and consistency on windy days.Wind is about the only condition that keeps me out of the woods. I'd bet I lost at least 10 hunting days last season because it was too windy for me to make ethical shots with Blazer vanes that FOB's would have handled. There are other advantages and I have all year to find any more disadvantages that I may not know of yet but the more I shoot, the more I like. Next fall I'll add up the plus and minuses and decide if they are worthy of hunting with.
As far as left and right handed biscuits go, they are either different, or fraudulent. Putting a right handed replacement biscuit in a left handed package to be able to charge more is fraud. If they are the same, then they should not be labeled and sold specifically for one hand or the other and one should not cost more than the other. That's like going to Mc Donalds and getting charged an extra buck for a big mac only because you are right handed.
If 2 different professional bow techs couldn't get it right, I'd be pretty full of myself if I thought I could do it better. The Hoyt techs couldn't do it and they have training, experience and the tools to do it with. The least experienced Parker tech who is also a lefty, made my XTech shoot a lot better than the Hoyt techs did. I'll stick with my Parker tech.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: wack
As far as left and right handed biscuits go, they are either different, or fraudulent. Putting a right handed replacement biscuit in a left handed package to be able to charge more is fraud. If they are the same, then they should not be labeled and sold specifically for one hand or the other and one should not cost more than the other. That's like going to Mc Donalds and getting charged an extra buck for a big mac only because you are right handed.
Wack,

Let me try to explain this one more time........When you buy a replacement biscuit, you have a choice. You can either buy the biscuit only or the biscuit with the plastic ring. The biscuit only this has nothing in the package except for the biscuit and it will fit either left or right handed bows. The only problem is it's not a B-2 "quick shot" biscuit it's only the standardB-2 biscuit. The standard B-2 biscuit DOES NOT have the cut out in it to load your arrow from the side. You will have to feed the arrow through the opening from the back side.

Now, if you own a "quick shot" Whisker Biscuit and you want a replacement "quick shot" biscuit you're going to have to purchase it with the plastic ring. They sell two types: the DropTine/Standard version and the Deluxe version. The difference between those two is the configuration of the plastic ring to fit the different rests.

Ok, they offer both the DropTine and the Deluxe in right or left. The BISCUIT is the same in both it's the plastic ring that's either right handed or left handed specific. Now if all you wanted was the "quick load" biscuit ONLY in a different opening size you're going to HAVE to purchase it with a plastic ring. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they sell theB-2"quick shot" biscuit by itself like they do the standard B-2 biscuit (brown and black but with no slot for the quick load). All you had to do was ask here if the actual biscuit was the same in both and I (or someone)would have told you yes it was. Then, youcould have purchased thereplacement biscuit (in the opening size you wanted) in right handedto save some money, throw away the plastic ring and install the biscuit only into your existing left handed rest..........understand now?

Personally I think they should offer the biscuit in both the B-2 and B-2 "quick shot" with or without the plastic ring but as far asI know they only offer the original B-2 without the plastic ring. If you want the B-2 "quick load" you're gonna have to get the plastic ring with it.

Here is a link showing what I'm talking about. It shows all the different rests and replacement biscuits for them. You will notice they only offer the B2 "quick shot" with the plastic ring where the original B2 is offered without.http://www.terrysarcheryplus.com/carolina_archery_products.html

Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a heck of a shot.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I would have been here 8 years ago, it would have saved me from a lot of mistakes through out my bow hunting years. I used the quick load one 2004-2005 and I think I found this site last year. At that time I went to every bow shop and department store just to find the replacements, and I wasn't aware of any other options. I put a lot of trust into the Hoyt dealer, and believing this old pro, he talked me into the Xtech, WB and 4" Quik Spin vanes on Axis ST 300 shafts. All new products to me. The WB and QS vanes did not get a long. That was bad advise. 4" QS vanes is a bigger gimmick than FOB's and I fell for it. Tried them all (sizes), got real frustrated and ended up switching to Blazers. What QS says is true, 300% more spin. They spin so fast that they don't go anywhere and makes 300% more noise in flight. If WB users take anything from me, don't use 4" Quik Spins and Blazers beat out Speed hunters too, WB or no WB.