Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are the record books "tainted" now?? >

Are the record books "tainted" now??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are the record books "tainted" now??

Old 01-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are the record books "tainted" now??

Thinking about this our era has an advantage in just about every thing these days.

What would have Jack N. done with the today's Golf Club and balls? Training? Jack was a fat guy[8D]
Sports guys all have "mental" doctors these days.
Athletes are trained better, we know more.

Look at the deer records Hanson buck over 10 years, Archery Record around 40 now. Will they fall? I think so. More hunters, how many are going to let that 180'' 4.5 walk[&:]

THe questions is has the era even started yet? Being records(big 2)have NOT been broke yet.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lmfao Vabowman, I get a kick out of you!! Actually P@Y does have a Trad book out now. When ever you get a P@Y animal they ask you what you shot it with and if you tell them Trad and have a picture you will automatically be in both the Regular P@Y book and the Traditional P@Y book.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Lmfao Vabowman, I get a kick out of you!! Actually P@Y does have a Trad book out now. When ever you get a P@Y animal they ask you what you shot it with and if you tell them Trad and have a picture you will automatically be in both the Regular P@Y book and the Traditional P@Y book.
He's not the only one I could not hit chit in a septic tank with one
Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

He's not the only one I could not hit chit in a septic tank with one
You goof ball Germ!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

What would have Jack N. done with the today's Golf Club and balls?
I'm not sure how this applies. Everyone in Jack's era was using similar equipment.

Are you asking how many course/tournament records he would hold (score-wise)? Golf has kept up to a degree with lengthening golf courses to keep up with innovations in technology. They're not playing the same courses they used to play....and anyone in the golf "know" is aware of this fact.

As far as I know.....P&Y hasn't increased their standards for record book entry to keep up with modern day "innovations" (QDM programs; nutrition technology; etc...). If anything.....they've dumbed-down the standards (let-off rules).
Old 01-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm not sure how this applies. Everyone in Jack's era was using similar equipment.

Are you asking how many course/tournament records he would hold (score-wise)? Golf has kept up to a degree with lengthening golf courses to keep up with innovations in technology. They're not playing the same courses they used to play....and anyone in the golf "know" is aware of this fact.

As far as I know.....P&Y hasn't increased their standards for record book entry to keep up with modern day "innovations" (QDM programs; nutrition technology; etc...). If anything.....they've dumbed-down the standards (let-off rules).
WHAT are you talking about? Okay they added some length. So your telling me that todays pros are approaching the greens with the same clubs the Trevino's and Nicklaus's used? Are you telling me Square Grooves and better balls have not increased the play-ability of shots. (Drop and Stop).

Your saying new equipment is not more forgiving? Thus allowing more fairways to be hit with less than perfect contact?

Is hitting in the rough in a non major as much of a penalty as those days?

So the new equipments benefits have effectively been neutralized by adding some length?

WOW I knew you said you didn't play anymore, I just didn't realize you had lost touch with the sport to this magnatude.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Some recordshave stood for a long time, from old photos I have deer werebigger back than.
There was not the pressure there is today. More big bucks, more people hunting them.

In the wild(free) there are still very few deer that reach 5.5. Once they get a decent set of head gear they are a target.
How many record book bucks where shot this year?

Milo still standing and so is the archery record, since the 60's.

Food is a key, but age is still the main factor IMO.
Good post GERM.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

WHAT are you talking about? Okay they added some length. So your telling me that todays pros are approaching the greens with the same clubs the Trevino's and Nicklaus's used? Are you telling me Square Grooves and better balls have not increased the play-ability of shots. (Drop and Stop).

Your saying new equipment is not more forgiving? Thus allowing more fairways to be hit with less than perfect contact?

Is hitting in the rough in a non major as much of a penalty as those days?

So the new equipments benefits have effectively been neutralized by adding some length?

WOW I knew you said you didn't play anymore, I just didn't realize you had lost touch with the sport to this magnatude.
Think of the leeps and bounds Q.D.M. would make if planted food plots on all that wasted space thats now called golf courses?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, I don't want to turn this into a golf discussion, but lengthening the courses a bit has not compensated for the advances in technology. There is only so much land to lengthen by and there is no way you could hit the same shot with an old steel shafted wood head driver as you can with a 500cc titanium with a Grafalloy shaft. I think it is a very fair comparison to trad vs. compound.

As far as the deer record books, my view is that there will be and has been an increase in the number of low to mid-level qualifying bucks that are shot and submitted (125"-170"), but when you start talking about 180"+ animals that is special regardless of what is going on. Once you get into 200"+ especially typical, that is absolutely world class. It will still be a special deer that breaks the records. So I don't see the records as being tainted (unless Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens get them).
Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 AM

As should be Schultzy.

Quick Reply: Are the record books "tainted" now??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.