Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Felons banned from bowhunting? >

Felons banned from bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Felons banned from bowhunting?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Felons banned from bowhunting?

Felons should always be able to bowhunt PERIOD whats next there gonna tell them they cant fish cause it involves a fishing pole or cant use a steak knive to cut there steak to many people whining about to much stuff out there like the gun hunters verse the bow hunters issue when will people grow up its stupid
Old 01-29-2008, 07:15 AM

and Jesus said, "let the first one cast astone who is not a sinner"

Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been attacked several times and literally knocked people unconscious in the process, hurting some of them badly. If I were convicted of a felonious assault in that scenario, should I be able to bowhunt? Guys, I have seen kids injuvenile corrections that were around a group of people that chose to assault another youth and they get charged with mob assault....and they didn't even lay a hand on the person assaulted, they just happened to be standing around the fight. Obviously I am against certain people having weapons...ie: murderers, rapists, etc....but alot of people need to be given another chance.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being in law enforcement I have personally seen some pretty bad scumbags come back to be great human beings. And then some that just keep going down the road because all they know is jail or prison and need the structure that jail and prison give them. This is a double edge sword no matter how you slice it, and I would have to agree that I think there should be a waiting period and if you show that you can function in the public and behave then you should be able to earn back your prevledge's. Walt
Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright these are all great turn around stories. Although hunting is a privlidge (sp) not a right! So what you want is to break all fellonys into catagories so some law breakers can hunt. Im sorry I disagree. I have a uncle that got drunk and beat the snot out of my aunt a year ago. He will never hunt again, he was a big waterfowl hunter. He never comited a crime for his first 55 years of life should he be able tohunt this fall?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey Greg.....

Since you've posted, here.....just know you're one of the two I was speaking of. And...you're also one I'm PROUD to call my friend.
Thank you friend.
Awww… you guys should kiss!

Just kidding dudes!

All kidding aside, I’m pretty sure I’d become a felon if someone took my hunting privileges away!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Allot of people would be surprised if they actually knew the criminal history of the everyday folks that they interact with. I for one could care less about the felony thing, I have friends who are felons and most of these felons I know I'd trust them with my kid any day of the week! There not all bad people, there's a pile of people in this world and I'm sure there's a few on this forum that could of easily been charged with felony's themselves if they would of been caught doing what they were doing. One screw up in life shouldn't hinder you the rest of your life, people make mistakes, they do there time! If the same person keeps screwing up, the hell with that person then, he or she made his bed so now he can lay in it!!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I work as a correctional officer at a Federal Prison. Most of these guys come in young. They grow up, get an education, and a trade. Yes there is a 80% turn arround, 90% all drug related though. Not to many Bow hunters are going to get all coke, cracked, or methed up. These people get punished for there crime in Prison. Getting your fire arm privilage taken for life is enough. And besides that, Gun or Bow or knife or baseball batt, or hands, if a person wants to harm another person they will, fellon or not.

Bowman15 Congrats on your success, you shall never lay down your Bow and quiver. And I know people that hunt birds with there bow and I am thinking of taking it up as well.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Wis. Stat. ?167.31(1)(c) defines firearm as "a weapon that acts by force of gunpowder."
In Wisconsin if you are a convicted felon you can archery hunt but not gun hunt.
But a felon can buy a gun deer tag, but isnt allowed to use it.
Our system is so screwed up we dont know up from down anymore.
Welkom to the Peoples Republik of Wiskonsin

don't feel bad, the capital on WI is one of the most liberal towns in the midwest (in cluding chicago), it's no real surprise of some of the crap that comes out of that cesspool...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 AM

Schultzy, you mean guys like Micheal Vick??? HaHa!!

Quick Reply: Felons banned from bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.