Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shameless tool David Morris >

Shameless tool David Morris

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shameless tool David Morris

Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shameless tool David Morris

I think Keith Warren and Allen Warren hunt there out of separate blinds of course
Old 01-26-2008, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: smokems

I dont see how its like shooting a deer in a pen when the pen is like 10,000 acres.
I don't think some of you guys have any realistic view of how big 10,000 acres is. Get dropped off in the middle in the dark and see how long it takes you to find your way to one of the fences, if you can find one at all,LOL.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Robin, I know how big 10,000 acres is. I also know why the fence. They say one thing but mean another. If it were as they say, the food brings and holds them, then they wouldn't need the fences. Mother nature would spread these deer out in her own way. And if a deer wanted to... he could move to Oklahoma from Texas. It's a cash crop for them now and they don't want any of them to get away. They say they don't want inferior genes to enter... but we all can figure out what the real deal is. It's simply money and big horns and bragging rights. "Look what I grew". It's your land and you want to do it ... that's fine. But don't tell me it's fair chase when every deer you shoot is over a food plot or a bait pile from a shooting hotel. It's just like a steer feed lot. Yup, this ones ready to go to market.... shoot him. And they all have breeder bucks in pens for sale or breeding. They're just about as domesticated as the local holstein herd. Ring the dinner bell and they will come. 10000 acres is big, but that shooting house doesn't have to cover the 10000 acres does it. It just sits there while you watch a hundred deer feed until someone says.... send him to market.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Trying to convince the average hunter that shooting one of his giant bucks in his pen is harder than killing a free range 130" trophy to most people any were because his deer are so well fed is the bigest crock I've ever heard. And I'm disapointed in jeff foxworthy for being associated with that show.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It's just like a steer feed lot. Yup, this ones ready to go to market.... shoot him. And they all have breeder bucks in pens for sale or breeding. They're just about as domesticated as the local holstein herd. Ring the dinner bell and they will come. 10000 acres is big, but that shooting house doesn't have to cover the 10000 acres does it. It just sits there while you watch a hundred deer feed until someone says.... send him to market.
First, let me be clear...I have yet to interject my opinion on fair chase, not fair chase, pro or con high fence.

But...this thread reads like a lot of the anti "pro" threads these days. Full of stereotypical assumptions stated as facts...assumptions that you really don't know to be true or not. Just like a feed lot? How do you know? Have you hunted one of these ranches? Don't tell me televsion, because you have no idea of how many hunts it took before the final showing.Maybe they hunted unsuccessfully for a week straight before finally hitting the feeding period just right. I guarantee you that you are wrong when you say "all have breeder bucks in pens". No, not all of them do. Some do. I also guarantee you are wrong when you say they all are "domesticated as the local...". No, not all deer behind every high fence are domesticated and without fear and avoidance of humans. I have hunted huge TX ranches for hogs...I can tell you that the ranches I have hunted had no breeder bucks, and the deer were exactly like the ones I come across in MO - afraid of humans to the highest degree.

So...based on your statements...if I have a food plot with a shooting house, and I shoot a nice buck out of it while many other deer are in my plot, it isn't fair chase, right?

Yes, I suppose a deer could go from TX to OK if it wanted to. But, it could also get out of the high fence if it wanted to. I also know that 10,000 acres is way, way more land than mother nature "naturally spreads the deer out" as you say. In a 10,000 acre ranch, there are plenty of deer that never, ever see the fence because it is way, way out of their home range.

Still, no voicing of my opinion one way or another on the fair chase, high fence issue. Just some devil's advocate thoughts for debate.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I knew what he knows about deer.
Greg, you probably do.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It's just like a steer feed lot. Yup, this ones ready to go to market.... shoot him. And they all have breeder bucks in pens for sale or breeding. They're just about as domesticated as the local holstein herd. Ring the dinner bell and they will come. 10000 acres is big, but that shooting house doesn't have to cover the 10000 acres does it. It just sits there while you watch a hundred deer feed until someone says.... send him to market.
First, let me be clear...I have yet to interject my opinion on fair chase, not fair chase, pro or con high fence.

But...this thread reads like a lot of the anti "pro" threads these days. Full of stereotypical assumptions stated as facts...assumptions that you really don't know to be true or not. Just like a "feed lot"? How do you know? Have you hunted one of these ranches? Don't tell me televsion shows you, because you have no idea of how many hunts it took before the final showing.Maybe they hunted unsuccessfully for a week straight before finally hitting the feeding period just right. Let me throw in a real world example of this type of assumption assumed to be fact. We did a show on the east coast shooting stingrays. Weended up shooting about 12big rays, over the course of a 5 day period. Wehave gotten emails from viewerssaying that they can see shooting carp, but want to know how sporting itcould possibly be to goout and shoot a fish like stingray that are "everywhere" and so "docile to the point that they don't even try to get away." The reality of our trip was that it took 5 days to get 12 rays (a touch over 2 per day), bowfishing for 8-10 hours per day. The other reality of it was that once found, you better believe they took off in a hurry if we didn't take our time and slip in on them as quiet as possible. Watch our show, and you see all the rays getting shot and landed. It is exciting stuff...but the show doesn't relay the empty times on the water looking at the bottom of the ocean.

I guarantee you that you are wrong when you say "all have breeder bucks in pens". No, not all of them do. Some do. I also guarantee you are wrong when you say they all are "domesticated as the local...". No, not all deer behind every high fence are domesticated and without fear and avoidance of humans. I have hunted huge TX ranches for hogs...I can tell you that the ranches I have hunted had no breeder bucks, and the deer were exactly like the ones I come across in MO - afraid of humans to the highest degree.

So...based on your statements...if I have a food plot with a shooting house, and I shoot a nice buck out of it while many other deer are in my plot, it isn't fair chase, right?

Yes, I suppose a deer could go from TX to OK if it wanted to. But, it could also get out of the high fence if it wanted to (that is a fact). I also know that 10,000 acres is way, way more land than mother nature "naturally spreads the deer out" as you say. In a 10,000 acre ranch, there are plenty of deer that never, ever see the fence because it is way, way out of their home range.

Still, not voicing of my opinion one way or another on the fair chase, high fence issue. Just some devil's advocate thoughts for debate.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Davidmil, becareful!!! I posted something about 1.5 months ago about Bucks of Tecomonte being a joke, and howit was fenced in...etc.. people got on here and jumped on me like I stole their first born child and sold him for a bucket of Chicken! The show is a joke, David Morris is a true 1st class _sshole. He is arrogant, elitist, and certainly not my idea of what a hunter is. NOW LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Deer hunting has really changed. Fair chase used to be fair chase. Pope and Young was highly regarded not only for the records it kept but for the integrity it created. Integrity and real hunting has been thrown aside by many, especially the tv hunters.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Deer hunting has really changed. Fair chase used to be fair chase. Pope and Young was highly regarded not only for the records it kept but for the integrity it created. Integrity and real hunting has been thrown aside by many, especially the tv hunters.
Amen to that Cougar! I know P@Y has gave in to the new era of the compound bows with the let offs and the releases and such but if it wasn't for P@Y being so strict where would these advancements be today in bow hunting? Thank god for the Pope And Young Club, I'm proud to be part of there club and organization and I hope they keep there stance!

Quick Reply: Shameless tool David Morris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.