Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your view on Outfitters? >

What is your view on Outfitters?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Outfitter's are great, I only hunt with them.
0.98%
I can't stand outfitters.
12.75%
Outfitting is perfectly acceptable, but I don't use them.
50.98%
Outfitting costs way too much money for me
11.76%
I can't afford to use an outfitter so my hunting is limited.
2.94%
There should be a set limit on the amount of ground outfitted.
12.75%
Ive lost good hunting ground to outfitters
4.90%
I own an outfitter: My land, my rights, too bad.
2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

What is your view on Outfitters?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default What is your view on Outfitters?

So I'm doing a research paper on the effects of Outfitters on hunting (mainly in Illinois). I haven't got it narrowed down yet to what exactly it will be on, but I need to start off by getting a feel as to what people's opinion's are on the topic.

The poll doesn't matter as much as just getting an opinion from you guys.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is your view on Outfitters?

Personally I've had it up to my neck with outfitters in Northern Minnesota bear hunting! Not all but most of the outfitters up there think they own the land, this is state land were all on. They've been trying to run us out where we bear hunt but there finding out it isn't so easy! We've been bear hunting this particular spot for 30+ years, there wasn't an outfitter anywhere when we first started. I've had some good chats with the local CO up there about these guides trying to run everyone out. We both agreed there's to many guides up there. The guide license in Minnesota runs right around 80.00 bucks, the CO and I would like to see them raise the Minnesota Bear Guide license considerably to get rid of the "want to be" guides then It wouldn't be such a problem with less guides. We do need bear guides where we hunt, some of these people don't have the time to do this stuff or just don't want to put the work that goes into it. We just need less of them and life would be allot better for us all up there! What I said by no means represents all outfitters, just some of the onces I've dealt with. I thought I better clarify that!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:25 PM

To each his own.

Had I the money to spend on them, I would most likely use them for DIY hunts here in the west.

For some species that I wish to take, I'll have to employ an outfitter or guide, but thats the only way to go about it.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I view them as a necessity if you want to hunt in Canada.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Im here in East Central, IL, and our problem is with the whitetail outfitters. My dad and I have been hunting about 200 acres for about 9 years now and then all of a sudden an outfitter bought half of the land that we had been hunting. He doesn't have permission to be on the land we hunt but we and the land owner have caught him and guys he is bringing in to hunt on "our" side of the property several times now.

It's kind of ironic considering he has signs up everywhere that read "Warning: No Trespassing 24 Hr Video Surveillance- Will Prosecute to Fullest Extent" and then right by the sign you can see his markers in the tree coming over to our side. I don't mark the way to my stand since I know how to get there during the dark, but one morning I noticed that somebody had put reflective pins leading to my stand. They also came from his side of the property. Their website talks about how much land they have to outfit...why do they need the 100 on our side of the line?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you hunt in Canada you have to have an Outfitter. Some outfitters are good, some so so, and some O No!! All I need is a place to hunt where there is Game. I've hunted with outfitters before and I never thought they were a Big advantage except on my Bear hunts. Those established bait sites are Nice!!

Dan
Old 01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would like to go on a guided hunt but cant afford it and i also plan on working on an outfitter ranch or for the dnr or park system
Old 01-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is no right answer in that poll for me.

I've used outfitters in the past, bear in Canada, elk in WY. I'm going to an outfitter in IL in Nov. I'm fine with it but I don't use them all the time, more like I rarely use them so again, no right answer in the poll.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havnt used one yet but I will when I go on my 1st Elk hunt in Montana.It would be a good time to learn so that the nxt time I go and do a DIY huntI wouldnt be going outblind.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Rob...No answer for me either.

I've used them. I'll use them again. It's not wrong, it's just different. I wish I could go on one every year. It's 3 days to a week of a season..it's not this or that.

Quick Reply: What is your view on Outfitters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.