Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Father is in Heaven. >

My Father is in Heaven.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Father is in Heaven.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Father is in Heaven.

This might get moved but I feel compelled to type it anyway.

It's been a little more than 2 weeks since I lost my best friend and hunting buddy. It's hard for me to talk about, so I figured I'd try writing here.

My Father age 59 passed away on Jan 8th at 8:20 PM from complications due to cancer. He was diagnosed in May and spend the greater part of 2007 fighting the disease. He is the man that is responsible for showing me......not telling me how to be a man, a father and a husband. He taught me how to enjoy God's wonders by hunting and fishing. He taught me to respect the land and the animals I hunt.

He was the ultimate answer when I was confused and had questions and he always seemed to know what to do in any situation. He was a proud Veteran of the Vietnamwar, a retired coal miner of 30 yearsand a leader in the community.

Rest with the Lord Dad. I'll be seeing you agian.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM

Default RE: My Father is in Heaven.

What does one say to that? I'm thinking he would be mighty proud of ya.....Sorry for your loss, sounds like a great man.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like he was a great man, and one that you have a lot of good memories with. Prayers sent to you and your family...

~Joey
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Sorry for your loss...
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

He is the man that is responsible for showing me......not telling me how to be a man, a father and a husband.
What a legacy....

If my son says this (above)when I'm gone.....my time here was well served. I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed to Gus's dad.....and as an American I thank him for his service to us all.

Sounds like he did it right.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gus,
Very well said, and I'm sure he's smiling down on you as he always will. Sorry for you loss, but I can assume his legacy lives on, and even as he may be gone, he's still making positive contributions to society through the people he's touched.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just think about what he is doing up there. I think heaven has an average shooter buck of like 250 plus.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am truly sorry for your loss.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great man, and I thank him for his service to this country. There is no doubt in my mind, he is hunting right now, with my grandpa, with the greatest "outfitter" there is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.