Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery Talk vs HuntingNet? >

Archery Talk vs HuntingNet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery Talk vs HuntingNet?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Talk vs HuntingNet?

I like both, definitely a little more laid back over here, but also a little slower paced, part of the reason, I spend the majority of my time there. Admittedly, I'm oft accused of being one of the "Ethics Police" over there, but I don't believe I'm really an "Ethics Policeman" as much as I'm HONEST!!!! If a guy hits a deer poorly, but still recovers it, it's STILL A BAD SHOT, just one that had a LUCKY result. But, there is WAY too much drama and spamming and it's really not run by hunters, it's run by a group of target archers and their friends. It's unfortunate to see a MOD show up in a Bowhunting Forum that has posted maybe a dozen times in the last year and start handing out warnings and suspensions to those who he may "politically" disagree with. Needless to say, I have a bad taste in my mouth over some of the recent changes over there, and have been spendingless time there in the last couple months. For guys looking for equipment, they DO have a GREAT CLASSIFIEDS section. This site is quite a bit smaller, which allows it to be a good bit more personal.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

This site is quite a bit smaller, which allows it to be a good bit more personal.
Your not the first person to say that but I'm wondering why?

We have 30,000 more registered users. Right now they have 942 (750 members and 192 guests) and we have Active Users: There are 312 members and 6110 guests.

Most ever on line at one time they had, Most users ever online was 1,375, July 11th, 2007 at 06:08 PM and we had, Most users ever online was 14908 at 6/20/2007 10:24:59 PM.

How are we smaller? [8D]

Okay, I see, they have Threads: 564,899, Posts: 5,757,340, and we have, have made 2519880 posts in 77 forums. There are currently 228693 topics.

They have double the topics and double the posts with less users. That just means there is more BS over there.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Threads: 564,909, Posts: 5,757,406, Members: 83,503, Active Members: 16,810
vs.

112717 Registered users

I suppose, I'm meaning just specifically in the archery side of things. Since I'm an "Elitist (bowhunt only for the past 5 season)" I suppose I never really specifically looked at anything other than the archery sections here. My bad, no offense intended, I thought I made a couple positive points as well. Didn't I??? [&o]
Old 01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh absolutely, no offense here, I edited my post to see where they double HNI's threads and doubled HNI's posts and that's ALL archery related, well somewhat, not exclusively and like I said, that means just more BS over there...LOL

We're glad to have ya.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Spike

the only place to be HN I ask questions over there and always get bashed,or no response.More helpful people over here
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 PM

I'll be honest, i visit both, and I spend most of my time there. I LIKE it better here, because i'm more of a hunter than a target shooter, and it's more laid back here, but they get more traffic. By that I mean, if I post a question there, it'll get answered like right away. I also work graveyard shift at a hotel for extra money, and that's the majority of the reason I'm there more (I have HOURS upon HOURS of down/internet time). This place shuts down after a certain time, whereas they are kickin all night long.

If this place were busier, i'd be here the majority of the time, but i come here every now and then and check the forum maybe a few times a day, but that's all that's needed.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

AT is just teaming with rabid ready to pounce fanboys. I have never seen a bunch more obsessed with brand names. They do have good classifieds for buying & selling though.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gutshot

From what I understand there are more MATHEWS FANBOYS here........
Which is how I like it cant stand the bashing over there seriously who really cares what somebody else shoots to each there own!