Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Evidence supporting no flash cams. >

Evidence supporting no flash cams.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Evidence supporting no flash cams.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Evidence supporting no flash cams.

I have 42 pictures of this buck in a 3 hour period, my cam was set a shots of 2, for every 1 minute of motion.

So Needless to say ill be sticking with Flash.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Who knows when it comes to the deer. I've had pictures of a buck that stood around and posed for several pictures. He didn't mind one bit but then I have another where I had the camera set up for double pics, in the first one he's walking, in the second one he's on his hind legs jumping out of his skin.

Of course the 35mm make noise too.

I think no flash is better but....like Greg showed, it still can be spooking. Look at the deer on the video ones, they look, get nervous etc....
Like I said, I have pictures of bucks that stood and posed for 5 or 6 pictures at very close range and I have one that a buck is turning inside out to flee at the camera flash/noise.

Who knows.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Dominant Buck

You know Rob......this is a good example of why I get frustrated when people post up "absolutes"......ESPECIALLY when there's no way on earth they can be proved OR disproved.

There are so many examples of this .......most every day....on this site. There are SO many myths out there about "big bucks this"....or "mature bucks that".....that simply can't be proved.

I think we can learn the deer WE hunt.....in our hunting grounds. We can pattern them.....study them....observe them....and all we've really done is know THEM. What the deer in someone else's woods are doing.....I wouldn't hazard a guess to. Nor would I pretend to be able to make a blanket statement about them.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Correct Jeff, with whitetails, absolutes are out the window. Deer spook deer then the next one lets us walk by without flinching. Deer are deer, they will do what deer do.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Site Buck Guru

We have snow up here in which clearly shows that deer, especially the bigger ones ("mature bucks"), start skirting the cameras. Out of hundreds of pics that I have gotten, each mature buck was captured only once, even with moving the cameras. This is from the last 3 years. They don't leave the area, they just avoid the cameras.

Again, the no flash bothers them less, but they still don't like it.

Is seeing their tracks circling around the camera proof enough?

I should add that it is illegal for me to use bait so I don't.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Greg.....

That proves they skirt your cameras in your area. My photos prove they don't in mine.

Perfect examples of what I was saying.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Site Buck Guru

Maybe for deer that live in an area filled with sidewalks, playgrounds, lamp posts and houses the deer aren't scared much by a camera!!??
Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Another prime example of someone trying to post absolutes....when they have NO FREAKIN IDEA of the area I hunt.

There isn't a sidewalk within 10mi. of here.....the county.....the "country". The closest "playground" is further. "Houses"? My "next-door" neighbors are on 24ac.; 24 ac.; 15ac.and 17 ac....lol.

Maybe we shoud all just stick to what we know......OUR areas. That's all I was saying....and I posted the photos to prove it.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Site Buck Guru

My bad........ I thought we were talking about "mature bucks".
Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Ask the forum what their definition of a "mature buck" is. I'm betting the overall consensus is......."most" will say that a buck's age af maturity starts at 3.5yrs.

And really.....do you know how silly you look when you constantly stoop to attemting to personally defame someone......simply because they don't walk lock-step with your way of thinking.....especially when they have photographic evidence to prove theirs?

As a favor I'll tell ya........you should think about that....

Quick Reply: Evidence supporting no flash cams.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.