Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does taking a P&Y equal hunter ability? >

Does taking a P&Y equal hunter ability?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does taking a P&Y equal hunter ability?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does taking a P&Y equal hunter ability?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What I disagree with is the audacity in your ability to judge other people's ability, especially that of some vets.
If you'll show me where I said that.....I'll apologize....because it was never my intention. In the location thread.....I simply said a hunter is more likely to kill big deer....if he lives where a lot of big deer live.

Nothing more.
here ya go...
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'll put plenty of guys I know who have ZERO P&Y bucks up against the likes of any number of guys who have several......ESPECIALLY since the ONLY difference between their situations is where one set of hunters live. The skill sets are congruent.
btw- this is the second time I quoted that. The first time I asked you how itwas that you knew the skill sets are congruent. You avoided that question just like you did all the other ones thatwould've lead to youacquiring foot/mouth syndrome.Maybe we'd gotten a little further in this discussion if you weren't busy doing your dance. (like you're still doing now)

Til you return to reality and answer all the questions I asked you in this thread... feeding time is OVER! [8D]
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

to answer the original question......it depends on how many Pope and Young deer are in the hunters woods
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Dominant Buck

What I disagree with is the audacity in your ability to judge other people's ability, especially that of some vets.
Hey I can discuss this......

I'm not judging anyone's "ability". I don't know where you hunt or how you hunt ("you" being...in general).

When I say this.....

I'll put plenty of guys I know who have ZERO P&Y bucks up against the likes of any number of guys who have several......ESPECIALLY since the ONLY difference between their situations is where one set of hunters live. The skill sets are congruent.
ALL this is saying is......you can't judge a hunter's abilities by the nuber of &Y bucks he's taken. I know several people I regard as great hunters and outdoorsmen.....and they have 0 P&Y's. And yes....I attribute MUCH (a GREAT deal) of that to where they hunt. This all goes back to what I've been saying all along....You have a better chance of killing a big buck....if you live where a lot of big bucks roam.

Take two sets of hunters with equal skill sets. One set of hunters lives in FL.....the other lives in Pike Co.

Can't you see this? It's not a slam on anyone. It really isn't.