Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rating Your Shooting Ability >

Rating Your Shooting Ability

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
World Class
5.99%
Very Good
16.17%
Better Than Average
44.91%
Average
31.14%
Below Average
1.20%
Pretty Poor
0.60%
Lost Cause
0%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Rating Your Shooting Ability

Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Rating Your Shooting Ability

I am curious how others see/rate their ability to shoot? I would honestly rate myself as average with potential for better.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rating Your Shooting Ability

I have to go with better than average, I mean, I did robin hood an arrow on Thursday!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 AM

i will go with average i can kill anything i put my sights on lol
Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to go with either 'better than average' or 'Very Good'. I shoot archery leagues year round (summer and winter leagues) and shoot 3D tournaments during the weekend. I've been doing that for 8 years straight. My bow rarely sits longer than a week at any point during the year (even winter). Not to mention average in the mid 290's during winter league, and have placed at a couple tournaments.

I don't want to sound like a big head, but I do know I'm definitly better than the guy who is happy hitting a paper plate at 25 yards the week before bow season opens.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I've done OK at some local indoor shoots.....and finished into the upper half of the field when I shot my first and only outdoor 3D shoot. If you figure these guys (fellow competitors) are "above average" shooters (when compared to the bowhunting public)....I'd put myself in with that crowd.

I have no idea of how I "stack-up" with the bowhunting community in terms of shooting ability, though. I haven't been at it that long.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Site Buck Guru

Where's the expert classification?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to be very, very good but not quite world class. Now I'm just average. Age and injuries have taken their toll.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 AM

You could have probably had another catagory in there between very good (which I choose) and World class. There is a LONG way from winning local 3d shoots and always scoring in the top few percent to world class. Beating 50 or 60 other guys in a shoot probably equals "very good" but .... world class....ya have you seed those guys shoot? OMG
Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

if i had to rate myself, against other hunters, i would say i am above average. but i enjoy shooting and shoot alot more than the average hunter. i push myself to be the best that i can be. 50yds you say? no problem. but i work at it harder than the average hunter...atleast from what ive seen at the local 3d shoots and watching other guys i know shoot.
now...im not great...far from great....but i feel i hold my own and am not doing bad for only shooting a year.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly probably somewhere between "Very Good" and "World Class" in 3D archery.

I've been shooting forever but although I've only been shooting "for score" recently I feel thatgiven the right circumstances, time and a some serious commitment I am confident that I could have been or could be a good pro shooter. (anybody can beA "pro".......just pay the entry fees)

With very little preparation I can stay in the top 10 or top 5 on a National level in MBR class 3D orgenerally top 3 in any given state tourney and with the right mindset and some prep I go expecting to win everything I enter. (Doesn't always happen but that's the approach I take) That's just the attitude I take to them when I have the time to devote to real competition.That's also a reason why you can burn out quickly on archery competition. It takes so much of the little things to stay at the top that it wears on you.

At local events all that's left to figure out is who's coming in 2nd. (That's tongue in cheek)

Quick Reply: Rating Your Shooting Ability

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.