Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with a Hip quiver or bow quiver? >

Hunting with a Hip quiver or bow quiver?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with a Hip quiver or bow quiver?

Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting with a Hip quiver or bow quiver?

it is not my way i was just told to
i plan to practice with it on this summer
i have thought about goign with itn because i am finding the people i bought the bow off of where stuiped an the guy who told me to shootwith it off is apot head
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

guy said when hunting it i easy and elps with movement control and keeps it from hanging up on anything
i thought about it half way throughseason but i did not to put iton the bow and hunt with it on when i had not shot with it on

Why were you told to shoot with it off? Makes no sence to me!
I've never understood why people say quivers get in the way on there compounds. They got so many other things hanging off of them already. Its nice when everything is intact with each other IMO. The quiver is just like a stableizer to me, its an extra little weight that helps while shooting. When I shot compound I use to shoot allot better with my quiver on then off while practicing. Each to his own I guess.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

I had a bow mounted quiver and i didn't like it i find that after the release my bow would always want to turn to the left. going to try a hip quiver next season see how it works out![8D] I would recommend you taking it off after getting in your stand.

Mat
I've laughed at friends of mine that have had deer come in while getting set up in there stand and there bow quiver is hanging on the tree and all they can do is look at it!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats what i did put it on my bow and when i got in the stand took it off and hang it on a hook on the tree

I had a bow mounted quiver and i didn't like it i find that after the release my bow would always want to turn to the left. going to try a hip quiver next season see how it works out![8D] I would recommend you taking it off after getting in your stand.

Mat
Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had a similer issue i got up in the stand and pulled the bow up hung it o my hook and pulled up my bagw ithm y calls scents and so on
wellsinceit was pitch black i did not noc my arrow.
Well it gets a little light out and a doe comes in i grap the bow and see n arrow and by them time i got a arrow andgot readyshe saw me and walked off

Mat
I've laughed at friends of mine that have had deer come in while getting set up in there stand and there bow quiver is hanging on the tree and all they can do is look at it!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Used both and currently using a vista hip quiver for broadheads.

I just don't want to type it all out. I won't go back to a bow mounted one for deer in the midwest.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 PM

When still hunting I use a Game Plan Gear Spot-N-Stalk pack. It works awsome!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I take it off because the bow is balanced better with out it and also, the bow is noisier with a quiver attached.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:48 AM

I have used both as well but now prefer my bow quiver i shoot with it off or on doesn't matter i noticed when i was walking in to my stand the hip quiver would wave flashing this white flag of arrows
Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made my own out of spare parts, the same quiver goes on the bow or on my hip. I like it on my hip if I am walking a good distance, I dont have near as much trouble with it on my hip, as I do with it on my bow. Hip or bow, I take it off when I get ina tree.