Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hip quiver for hunting

Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Hip quiver for hunting

Can anyone suggest a hip quiver for hunting?

Thanks,
Allen
Old 05-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hip quiver for hunting

I wouldnt suggest one.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:44 PM

I think Alan archery or somethin makes some good ones. Chuck Adams also endorses another type of hip quiver. Look in either cabelas or bass pro on the web sites, they have quite a few. I never used one cause they got in my way, i always put a quiver on my bow, then took it off in the stand or the blind or whatever it was i was hunting out of. Other than that, i just shot with it on when i was stalking. Hip quivers poke you in the side, and sometimes get in the way when shooting. I do like one for 3D however.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I THINK THEY SPELL DANGER FOR A HUNTER WHO WALKS IN THE WOODS IN THE DARK AND LEAVES IN THE DARK ANY UNSEEN BRANCHES CAN BREAK YOUR ARROWS OR YOU CAN FALL ON THE HIP (OUCH),, WITH A QUIVER MOUNTED ON YOUR BOW YOU CAN HOLD THE BOW IN FRONT OF YOU ALLOWING YOU TO SEE THE ARROWS AND IF YOU FALL YOU CAN THROW THE BOW AND ARROWS AWAY FROM YOUR BODY UNLIKE THE HIP QUIVER, I USE A QUICKY QUIVER I HAVE THE CLIP MOUNTED ON MY BOW AND AN EXTRA CLIP MOUNTED ON MY STAND SO WHEN I GET IN THE TREE I JUST CLIP MY WUIVER TO THE STAND CAUSE I LIKE TO SHOOT WITHOUT THE QUIVER ATTACHED ,, WELL THAT IS MY O HOPE IT HELPS