Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Baiting Vs. Food Plots" >

"Baiting Vs. Food Plots"

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
baiting is wrong and so are food plots
3.23%
food plots are ok but baiting is wrong
30.65%
i think they should both be legal
66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

"Baiting Vs. Food Plots"

Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: "Baiting Vs. Food Plots"

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

A food plot is there the whole year not the week you are hunting it.

And if you failed math then I guess the circumference of a two acre corn field would baffle those of you don't that know the circumference of five gallons of corn.
Some plots aren't there the whole year. They are seasonal plots.
Acorns are seasonal too, do you put, putting out corn in the same catagory as hunting over a white oak dropping acorns?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 PM

Are you shaking the oak tree hard enough to get it to drop all of its acorns at once?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about that quick grown clover hell its up and gone so quick that with out a bucket of corn I don't its worth planting.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

And if you failed math then I guess the circumference of a two acre corn field would baffle those of you don't that know the circumference of five gallons of corn.
Market that two week corn ,and then you won't have to spend time here showing your .......................[]
As for this "argument" I've argued it enough so I am staying out of this one. However, you stated that food plots are there all year. This is not true with some plots.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Market that two week corn ,and then you won't have to spend time here showing your .......................[]
As for this "argument" I've argued it enough so I am staying out of this one. However, you stated that food plots are there all year. This is not true with some plots.
What is the fastest growing food plot that is available? There are no two week food plots ,they take time and money,neither of the things baiting takes.

As far as arguing this point you are unarmed and misguided in this battle and well served to quit.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

when i was in KY it was legal to bait i but out 100 pounds off corn a week 50 pounds every three days
did this January to December all year i saw 10 to 15 deer in the area of the corn every morning then a few in the afternoon

so i had no problem with them going nocturnal
i had it out all year every week one reason to feed the deer and get them better another to draw them in where i wonted them
and even with the corn i still drove down the road to hunt the public land

Old 12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who cares, as long as everybody is hunting legally, to each his own! I didn't bother to vote!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

What is the fastest growing food plot that is available? There are no two week food plots ,they take time and money,neither of the things baiting takes.

As far as arguing this point you are unarmed and misguided in this battle and well served to quit.
No one said anything about a two week food plot. Seasonal plots don't grow 12 months as you stated.

As for your other comment. You have noclue of my knowledge or experince in food plots, baiting, or any other areas of hunting. As usuall youtry to use your smartmouth to bash someone.

It doesn't take money to bait? Living in a state where both baiting and food plots are legal, I highly suggest you ask people who bait all year around such as feeders and thoughs and I assure you that at the end of the year their total expenses are a lot higher than planting a foodplot.

Most of my hunting is done on public land in which neither is allowed.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Food plots do more then just feed deer, they feed the pheasants, squirrels, the predators that eat the small game in the food plots! Food plots are very high in nutrients as well, no bucket of corn every week will do that! The food plots in the northern states with the snow do the deer and other omnivorous animals a heck of a treat! I will have one someday myself! Food plots are no different then a cornfield standing full of corn, they just cost a heck of allot more!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Cloudster

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Food plots are far different than bait piles as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to get into the legalities or ethics of it tho but look at it this way.

A food plot could be 50 acres or it could be a 1/4 acre. You cannot put these into the same catagorie as a pile of corn 10 yards from a stand. A deer could visit the food plot and never offer an inrange bow shot.

That being said, in PA it's legal to plant and hunt over food plots, it is not legal to bait. Why is a food plot different from a farmers corn or alphalpha field?

Why is a pile of apples different than hunting a 50 acre apple orchard.

Your poll is too vague.
So if I spread my "bait pile" or corn over 1/4 acer I should be good. I think that hunting over a pile of corn may give you a little bit of an advantage over the food plot but......they are both as good at "drawing" deer to your stand....if you sit over your food plot you will get the job done just the same as sitting over a pile of corn, it just might take you a day or two longer.

C
Is that what is done for bowhunting?

Answer the rest of my questions as well, not just one that you want to make a point with. What is different between a food plot and a corn field? What is different between a food plot and an alphalpha field or soybean field or an apple orchard or a acorn flat etc....Do you catagorized putting a pile of corn out the same as all the forementioned fields?
Okay......

The difference between a Food plot and a Corn field, Alphalpha field, Soybean field, and an Apple Orchard is. One is put there to attract deer (Food Plots....weather it is clover, soybeans corn fields etc.), or bait them to a specific area, the others arethere for agricultural purposes/reasons (Mainly feeding people or live stock).

Do I categorize putting a pile of corn out the same as the fore mentioned fields? Most defiantly not, nor did I ever try to. I was only pointing out your misguided logic in the statement made in your first reply....the fact that if the plot is bigger then a pile of corn it is better, that is just plain silly.

I believe that there is little difference in baiting deer with a clover field vs. a corn pile, they both have the same effect.....drawing deer near the hunter. I feel that people have very little merit saying one is better than the other, or more ethical.

I am not trying to tell you one method is correct, better, or more ethical. If the rule book in your state says one way is correct, then that is what the hunter needs to follow, it's that simple. I am saying that there is very little difference between the two.

C

Quick Reply: "Baiting Vs. Food Plots"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.