Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how to become prostaff? >

how to become prostaff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how to become prostaff?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 AM

Default RE: how to become prostaff?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Come to think of it, maybe you're right and it's not such a sad thing after all. Judge the company by the staffers they put out there.
Yes you should, and you should let companies know that when someone doesn't project themselves in a professional and courteous manner.

I am on many pro-staffs, and even have my own "pro-staff" for Aim Low. I got what I have by accomplishing things in the outdoors world, and then beating doors down letting companies know what and who I am.I alsowill not take on a new sponsor if the company is not run by good people that I feel comfortabledealing with. Most important, the product must be something we believe in and want to use.

There are many levels and meanings to "pro-staff". Pro-staffs range from discounted product to paid money. For the original poster, you have to develop an outdoors resume and sell yourself to companies, no different than looking for a job. Don't expect the world at first, and be ready and willing to work for these companies for a small return (discounted or maybe free product).

The folks we have on the Aim Low Pro-staff are there because either they are our friends that invest time and effort into Aim Low because they want to; or are there because we carefully choose them based on what they have done hunting/bowfishing wise so far along with the kind of people they are (just as important).
Old 12-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

To become a staffer IMO you have to have a great place to hunt, so it's all about location

How many staffers do you see hunting Public Land?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

To become a staffer IMO you have to have a great place to hunt, so it's all about location

How many staffers do you see hunting Public Land?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

I was offerd a Job on Prostaff for a large company,but turned it down.All I was doing was hanging out with the others with the company.

Yea I'm a good BSer and can hit the broad side of a Barn with every weapon I have.

big rockpile
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 AM

After seeing how so many prostaffers get slammed on by internet posters, who'd want to do it anyway? Kill a big deer and people call you a p###y because you used 'all the fancy stuff'.

And good hunters have never had to hunt public land anyway, never will.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: il coyote

After seeing how so many prostaffers get slammed on by internet posters, who'd want to do it anyway? Kill a big deer and people call you a p###y because you used 'all the fancy stuff'.

And good hunters have never had to hunt public land anyway, never will.

John Eberhart Most of the guys who hunt public land and can score every year, are way better than 99% of the Pro staffers.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 AM

Most of the guys who hunt public land and caore every year, are way better than 99% of the Pro staffers
100%
Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: il coyote

Most of the guys who hunt public land and caore every year, are way better than 99% of the Pro staffers
100%
99%

Germ was saving that 1% for me
Old 12-26-2007, 10:43 AM

There has to one in every crowd...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I know several prostaffer who hunt nothing but public land. I know several who hunt nothing but private land. And, I know several that mix it up and hunt whenever, wherever and for whatever. Location has nothing to do with it! Honestly, do you think Will Primos goes out and finds elk hunters who have only ever hunted on private land? Heck no! He is looking for like minded individuals who share the same passion for hunting as he, and who have established themselves as above average hunters.

I think Robin said it the best:

"I am on many pro-staffs, and even have my own "pro-staff" for Aim Low. I got what I have by accomplishing things in the outdoors world, and then beating doors down letting companies know what and who I am.I alsowill not take on a new sponsor if the company is not run by good people that I feel comfortabledealing with. Most important, the product must be something we believe in and want to use.

There are many levels and meanings to "pro-staff". Pro-staffs range from discounted product to paid money. For the original poster, you have to develop an outdoors resume and sell yourself to companies, no different than looking for a job. Don't expect the world at first, and be ready and willing to work for these companies for a small return (discounted or maybe free product).

The folks we have on the Aim Low Pro-staff are there because either they are our friends that invest time and effort into Aim Low because they want to; or are there because we carefully choose them based on what they have done hunting/bowfishing wise so far along with the kind of people they are (just as important)."

There are times when I ask "why would someone want to become a prostaff member". Is it just for the title or the free/discounted prices? Or, do you really believe in a product so much that you would be willing to work your arse off to promote it? You know the ins and outs...every pro and con of the product and you are willling to sacrfice a lot to see the productsucceed. I mean, if the product fails and you supported it, isn't the egg going to be on your face as well? If you cannot see this, then are you really a prostaffer or a BSer?

Quick Reply: how to become prostaff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.