Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the best stabilizer IYO? >

What is the best stabilizer IYO?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the best stabilizer IYO?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is the best stabilizer IYO?

how big of a stab should most be using??? seems to be that with current bows vibe absorption isn't the real problem so much as shot stability and these tiny little s-coil/mini-s-coil style stabs are gonna be pretty much useless for anything other than noise reductions... am i way off base on this???
This is pretty much going to be a "personal preference" issue, depending on how you like your bow to feel and react to the shot. I like my bow to gently tip forward after firing, and the three six-inch Stealths allow for that superbly on my hunting setups.

As far as the S-coils go... yes, I'd say you're right about their functionality; it's going to be limited to mainly vibration and noise reduction. A lot of people swear by them, and I bought one to try out with my Black Ice this year, since the bow is SO light to begin with... After shooting for over a week with it, I went back to my Stealths.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 PM

I just bought a new Fuse Carbon CX Hunter last night, it's pretty cool. Definetly takes out some vibration and noise.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

I like heavy ones to stady my form.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

As far as the S-coils go... yes, I'd say you're right about their functionality; it's going to be limited to mainly vibration and noise reduction. A lot of people swear by them, and I bought one to try out with my Black Ice this year, since the bow is SO light to begin with... After shooting for over a week with it, I went back to my Stealths.
That is funny Greg because that is the stabilizer I used on my Black Ice this past season.

The benefit to the S-coils can primarily be in their noise and vibration reduction. They can also be beneficial in terms of balance and aiming if a bow is fairly balanced to be begin with and you want it to be slightly forward heavy or if the bow is slightly back heavy and you want it to sit fairly neutral during the shot.

For what it is worth I have used a variety of stabilizers in the past...Super Stix, Wild Thing, Sims Enhancer 2000/modular, NV system combinations. Each worked quite well for noise and vibration reduction. With some bows they also helped to balance the setup. As was mentioned above it really is going to come down to trying a variety of stabilizers with your particular setup. Folks can tend to prefer a different feel to their setups.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, Frank... I thought the S-coil was the obvious choice to start with, so I wouldn't lose all the benefits the Black Ice offered in the weight-savings department -- and it sure kept it light, that's for sure. That bow was almost TOO light for me. I think that's why I prefer the Marquis... though I know you've been pleased as a new puppy with yours.

I do wish they'd put the grip that's on the Black Ice on all the other models as well, though. Best factory grip I've EVER felt... and better than most custom ones, too.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 PM

I haven't read all the replies, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Didn't the S-Coil win stabilizer of the year for '07?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best reads on stabilization I have ever found. It's written by George Ryals. When this guy speaks about technical stuff, listen and absorb as much as you can!

http://www.archerylive.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=258
Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

One of the best reads on stabilization I have ever found. It's written by George Ryals. When this guy speaks about technical stuff, listen and absorb as much as you can!

RJ,

not really in the mood to signup for another site, can you cut-n-paste the text here??

THX!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, that's a great article GRIV wrote there...

There was also a great review on a multitude of stabs in the last issue of Arrow Trade, if anyone happens to have one of those lying around.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

ORIGINAL: Rick James

RJ,

not really in the mood to signup for another site, can you cut-n-paste the text here??

THX!!
Sorry, but it's copyrighted, and I respect him too much to do that. Sorry to be a PITA.