Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rivers West clothing- need help deciding >

Rivers West clothing- need help deciding

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rivers West clothing- need help deciding

Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rivers West clothing- need help deciding

Ok, I'm getting a set of Rivers West jacket and pants, and they make so many different ones, I don't know what to pick. Im from Arkansas, and our weather usually runs from 20's to 90's during bow season. I can stay warm with my current fleece clothing, but its not 100% waterproof, so I'm thinking about getting the newer, thiner L.A.W. series. But I want to know, is it still fairly warm? I mean could I wear it with just a fleece pullover and a super-thin moisture wicking shirt and be warm in 30 degree weather? They make the Back Country, the Lakota, and the Stalker jackets in the Lightweight stuff, and I'm kinda leaning towards the Back Country jacket, it seems more bowhunter friendly?

Any suggestions on this?

What about the original H2P, I'm kinda thinking it might be to warm most of the time here. It seems average temp is 30-45 degrees or so.

I really need direction on this and appreciate the help.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rivers West clothing- need help deciding

This year i bought myself the the original H2P stuff and i love it, its nearly impossible to get wet in it. Mine is much warmer than i thought it would be when i bought it. During early season i didnt wear it at all this year, it was just too warm. The warmest i would wear it in is about 60 degree weather, or else i find myself being uncomfortably warm. Right now im hunting late season in 20-35 degree weather and i wear a base layer with thermals under it and i dont get cold unless i do extended sits. Its impressive stuff, i wouldnt hesitate to buy it. Good Luck.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I may just get the original then, I just figured that it was for 30 or 40 degree and below weather only, it really don't specify on their website.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

If you check the tags that are on it when you get it, it recommends what to wear under it at different temperatures, so i follow that and ive always been comfortable.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ok strike, I didn't know that. That helps.