Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the worst piece of equipment you've bought? >

What's the worst piece of equipment you've bought?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the worst piece of equipment you've bought?

Old 12-15-2007, 10:17 PM

Default RE: What's the worst piece of equipment you've bought?

Agree with deer scents, I have thrown more money away onthose things yet every year I see soemthing new that I convince myself will work.

The other one is a whicker biskit arrow rest. Ate fletching like crazy and on those windless winter evenings the whiskers froze and drawing an arrow through it sounded like finger nails on a chalkboard. The first deer I ever drew on heard that thing and was gone and so was the biskit.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

By the way Patti, you still have that Gerber? I field dressed and skinned a doe with mine the other day.
Absolutely! Still have it & love it. Great knife given to me by a great friend. Wouldn't trade it for the world!!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer lure,although I have a couple of companies I have a lot of faith in James Valley,Kishel's and Realdeer.Although in my opinion nothing works better than fresh tarsal glands.If you folks are notusing them you are missing out.I spent a lot of money on lures over the years,no longer.
The only other thing that has gotten me is rain gear,I still havn't found the perfect solution and I have bought a bunch of it.Trying to find rain gear that really keeps you dry and breathes so you don't get soaked from perspiration while hiking and is reasonably quiet has eluded me but has not eluded my dollars.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Bartender

Alright someone PM with a good idea on binoc's? $200 is the budget and I dont need them to reach out and touch someone.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Everyone has their opinion.....and mine is the Lone Wolf Alpha stand and climbing sticks as a hunt right away set-up.

I used mine exactly twice....and could never figure out a way to hang it safely.....timely....or energy efficiently (without working up a big sweat). I MUCH prefer a climber (Summit Vipers) to this set-up....and I was terribly disappointed in the system.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with cheap boots. Can't beat a good sturdy boot that's going to keep your feet dry and toasty. Not really "gear" related, but if you're into processing your game, don't skimp on a grinder because it's priced good. Buy it right the first time and make sure you'll be using it for years to come.

True Talker...sorry you lovers of the call but after 3 of them falling apart...never again.
That's surprising. The only problem I've ever had with my true talker is I crapped on it once.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it your lucky call now??
Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can deal with products that don't live up to it, bad customer service on the other hand...

My beef isn't the product it's how I'm treated when there is a problem and the more expensive the product the more burned up I become. If I pay for the best I expect the best and that includes customer service.

I wont mention the worst of them because I don't even want to mention their name.

One of the last things i bought on ebay was a name brand product. When it showed up it was something the seller had made. When I contacted her she said I know but it's just like the ones they used to sell years ago.It was inexpensive. The laugh was worth the price of admission into her world.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Cheap optics is a great worst buy... but my funniest and most appropriate end was a "Solar Shower". Supposedly you hang these deals in the sun and you have a nice warm shower. Well, I hung mine, I laid it on the hood of a vehicle for 3 days and finally found out how it works best. The last night when we were ready for bed I threw it on the fire, telling my buddy I figured out how this works. It did heat the water, it burned up the damn thing and put out the fire for the night so the ranger wouldn't get mad. LOL I vote solar shower.
I disagree with you David, I've used one for over 25yrs. It has to be sunny!!!! If not you heat up some water in a pot and do it that way. When camping it is an essential part of my kitchen for washing and rinsing dishes,
Old 12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Spike

35mm trail cameras. I bought one and it worked awesome 1 time. Took it backinto the field for3 more times and nothing but blanks. I bought a $100 digital camera at wally world and have had over 100 pics in the the last month on the same trail. Spend a little extra and get a digital. The other thing is deer scents. Spent a fortune and I don't know if they have ever done me any good.

Quick Reply: What's the worst piece of equipment you've bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.