Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did I get screwed?? >

Did I get screwed??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did I get screwed??

Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Did I get screwed??

Went elk hunting, there were three of us. One of the guys i was with got their elk, i helped gut and quarter the elk, then did two trips packing out hind quarters almost 1.5 miles per trip uphill and the guy offered me no meat.. is it just me or was that a bunch of crap? In all my years of hunting anyone who is involved in the hunt and helps pack it out gets some meat.. what do you guys think?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did I get screwed??

That'd be the last time I'd hunt with him.

When "we" go hunting, the meat is split evenly among all.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no question you got screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely you got screwed. I wouldn't hunt with that guy anymore.

This year, my cousin helped track a wounded deer and also helped me drag two deer out of the woods (no more than a 15 minute drag both times). I paid to have the second deer processed and made into sausage and jerky.

I gave him ALL of the steak, burger, jerky and sausage from my second deer to show my appreciation, since he didn't get a deer this year.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 PM

If someone helps me gut and drag a deer or even just helps load it into my truck when i get it out they are getting some meat. It is just common curtisy.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt in a couple different situations. At my brothers gun camp all deer are taken to his house. He has skinning and cutting up days and everyone gets an equal share of the deer they were involved with. For example, the other day he had 7 hanging in his garage to cut up. He got 3 of those last week when I went down and hunted with him for a couple days. EXCEPT... (there's always an except).. he's never given me a stinkin steak in all these years. LOL I guess he knew I shot enough deer I didn't need it. LOL BUT, if you're not his brother you'll get a share. In the other situation, I hunt with my highschool buddies. You shoot it ... it's all yours in that camp... except for Chuck(my grade school, best man, friend for life)and I. When I lived in Maryland I usually gave him the deer I shot in NY. This year I kept it, but I am going to give him a few packs of meat. He loves the neck roast which I saved for him. He loves the inside loins which I'll give him. I'll give him one backstrap and some steaks.

That said, for what you did, you deserve a couple choice morsels. IN FACT, I'd call the jerk and tell him so. That's just low class bull hockey. I wouldn't bring it here unless you want to show him the replies. I'd go straight to him and tell him, I want some MEAT. And I don't mean garbage cuts. You deserve some good stuff.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just give him a call and say hey dude where's my meat. If he questions you then you know he is a turd. Or he might say sorry I didn't know. Either way you have to talk to him.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I would just flat out ask him for some meat since you didn't kill one!
Old 12-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

If theres a next time, let him pack it out himself.

Quick Reply: Did I get screwed??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.