Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How many here bow hunt ELK >

How many here bow hunt ELK

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many here bow hunt ELK

Old 02-01-2003, 09:47 AM

Default RE: How many here bow hunt ELK

dsheally,
I was wondering where about in Id you hunt. I am in the central part and was just wondering how close you are. I am definently in the mountain part of the state.
There is still another bow elk hunter out there in the forums. I should know he's the one that taught me how to shoot a bow and who I still hunt with every year and is the reason that I have a fairly good percentage at this sport. He actually just recently made a web page with a lot of our kills on it. You have probably seen him write in a few times and you might have already seen his web page. Tell us how you like it. I'm Paul II if you are wondering who's who. Check out the photo gallery to see what we've gotten. Keep in mind everything on this page has been taken in a 15 mile radius and all on public land where you can hunt right next to us. Sure would like to hear what you think of it. The goods and the bads. See if we need to change anything. So elknut1 where are you. The web page is www.elknut.com.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:00 AM

This year is going to be my first year bowhunting elk. Im not sure what to expect. IM really excited though. Im going to go to Montana for an elk hunt.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:34 PM

This will be my first year elk hunting with a bow. I would love to hunt Montana, but this year it will be Colorado. I cannot wait for Sept., neither can the wife, she's already tired of hearing the bugle! Anyone with some good info on Co. feel free to share! Looking at units 11 and 211 do-it-yourself public land.

"One Shot, One Kill"
Old 02-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

I too hunt elk with a bow for the same reasons that all of you have mentioned. I wish I could add something new and exciting but you old boys about covered everything. For you that have been sucessful there's no better feeling, for those who have'nt yet I wish I could be there to share your excitement when you finally get him. If I had a tip for you it would be to team up with someone when calling elk, your chances of being sucessful will triple. Be wise when choosing a hunting partner there's a good chance it may last a lifetime. That's only if you're lucky. elknut1.

www.elknut.com
Bugling Bulls & Beyond!
Old 02-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Montanahunter, if you were to take a rock and could just toss it west across the Rockies it would land here, sounds like you have had a great season, Elknut, seems like you be just west of me, later my friends, and good luck, Bobby
Old 02-01-2003, 11:05 PM

While I am not that far from elk country, I never had any desire to elk hunt until I started bow hunting. Now I can't get enough. In two seasons, I have had some close encounters but as of yet have not gotten a shot. But what a rush and an enjoyable way to spend time in the mountains.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Spike

I have hunted elk every year since I was twelve.I have hunted My home state of oregon also Idaho Wyoming Montana.I have had a lot of good times with bow and bugle.Have killed my fair share nothing like elk back strap.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:38 PM

For those of you that are just getting started into bow hunting for elk. I can't even explain how exciting it is. You are in for a real adventure if your going to start bugling bulls. You might get the most scared and excited that you have ever been before. When that big bull is only yards away looking for that other bull so he can kick some a**. The adrenaline will be pumping through your body. If that happens once to you, you'll be stuck in it for life. Have fun, your in for a ride!!
BowElkDwn
Old 02-02-2003, 03:06 PM

HEY GOT TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN!
I HAVE BEEN HUNTINTING IN COLORADO FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS AND MAN ITS SO GREAT RIGHT NOW THER ARE A LOT OF COWS IN COLORADO IF YOU ARE A MEAT HUNTER.THE SCREW BALLS HAVE GONE UP ON THE TAGS EVERY YEAR. YEAR BEFORE LAST THEY WENT UP ON OUT STATE TAGS FROM 250.00 450.00 AND OF CORSE THE RESIDENT LIC IS STILL 30.00 BUT THE REASON THEY WENT UP WAS DUE TO INFLATION. I GUESS WE NEED TO MOVE TO COLORADO INFLATION DOES NOT BOTHER THEM. BUT NOW THEY GOT MORE ELK THAN THEY CAN KILL. WELL I BE GOING AGAIN NEXT YEAR TOO.
GIZMO