Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners? >

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I hope it pours on the opening day of gun season. Tag soup 4 everyone
8.59%
I only root for my buddies to do well. I hope the rest get skunked.
14.11%
I hope they all enjoy a successful season and tag out.
55.21%
If they cancelled gun season tomorrow, I'd do cartwheels!
18.40%
Less deer for everyone else = more deer for me.
3.68%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Honestly ??

I root against everyone who hunts in my woods be it bow,gun, knife! Why would I wish them success?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As long as they shoot and take dumps on their own property.....I don't care what they do.
Exactly, if I had to hunt public land or hard pressured land I might be singing a different tune. ButI have gotten lucky and don't have to put up with gun hunters. Everyone bow hunts on our place.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once took a real long leak, true story, on a "gunners" stand here in Illinois on a lease I once hunted on..

But that was for different reasons.. and I was a much younger man..

I normally got no beef with them.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

I support hunters period[:@]
AMEN BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish they wouldnt Shoot out their windows and do all sorts of illegal things when their out there and some of the other run of the mill Stupid crap youve seen happen... Ohh and they tend to Shoot each other too... I wish they would make the test a LOT harder... so that way not ever tom rick and harry can get their liscense.

Ryan.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

.......archery season is followed by a gun season holocaust.
.......survived the onslaught of rifle season.
Glad to know you are sooooo suportive when it comes to others hunting provelages. [:@]
WE "all" might be hunters, but some arepretty piss poor specimen's as far as being ethical sportsman go.
We usually call those people poachers and not hunters. Regardless of what hunting tool they have in their hand or what season it may be they will still be piss poor sportsmen. Believe me whenI tell you thatslob hunters arepretty equally divided between "bow hunters" and "gun hunters".

Old 12-10-2007, 02:03 PM

I hope that whoever hunts hard and deserves game gets one I don't give a shi-t if they hunt with rifle bow knife gun.... If they sit in a truck till they find a deer off the road I hope they never get one
Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bad time for me to answer that question.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

im like you quik....i have nothing against gun hunters...heck, i went home 5 days this season to push for my buddies and even took my buddies 16yo daughter into my "honey hole" to try and get her a crack at a buck..(yes im 20 and have a buddy that has daughers OLDER than i...16 is his youngest lol..wierd but hes a great friend)

but, like you, monday morning brought a smile to my face...i just knew it was going to be a miserable day...cold, rain and fog...man was it uggggggly. i didnt wish for it...but, nature gave it to us...i actually went home and did some pushing for the crew from noon till dark and got soaked that day...it takes dedication and will to hunt in that kinda weather...something i know too many PA "hunters" just dont have..

i too am already thinking about fall of 2008...i know alot of deer still died...but not nearly the same no matter what the pgc "estimates" say...i know mondays pressure was also enough to send most any buck with a brain hiding into the nasty stuff pretty quick...and enough guys kept the pressure on to keep the bucks holed up pretty good all season...

should be good..heck, the group only took one buck that was over 2.5...a spindly 19" wide 7pt..heck it coulde been a big 2.5yo..it was THIN and 1 side REAL weak..got atleast 2 10pts that should be 2.5 or 3.5 now that we didnt hear of anyone killing..and we had a crop of 2.5yo 8s running around and didnt hear of anyone killing any of them...plus all the 1.5yos that made it...now its just about finding them before now and next fall...

Quick Reply: Bowhunters - do you root against the gunners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.