Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This buck is killin' me! >

This buck is killin' me!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This buck is killin' me!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default This buck is killin' me!

I've had a couple of posts on here about how I've been after this big(for me and my area 130+) deer for 2 years now, and how I shot over him on nov. 6th. I then saw him again a week and a half ago and was pumped. Well he got me again today. I was set up on a knoll where I know(think) he frequents. About 9:30 I hear movement behind me coming from up the hill(complete opposite of where I've always seen him of course). I look and sure enough its him coming down the hill pretty much right at me. Holy Cow. No prob, the tree is between me and him, just have to figure out which way he's gonna go. He gets to the bottom of the hill, and starts to his left, my right, and startsto skirt the edge of the knoll. Perfect! There's a big 4-way tree he's gonna walk behind at 30 yds. that will give me the opportunity to draw the bow but then he has to go another 15 feet to a clear lane.He proceeds as planned, as he walks behind the tree I come to full draw undetected. As soon as he steps out from behind the 4-way he stops dead in his tracks, looks in my direction, but not at me, for about 3 seconds and then bounds directly away from me about 30 yds. and then just walks away towards where he came from. WHAT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!! Thats not whats supposed to happen. I should be fist pumping right now, or saying to myself a la Stan Potts,"Give me a second"!
I cant take much more, he's killin' me. Seems he must have slightly winded me since there was just ever so slight of a breeze from my direction. He wasn't supposed to come from that direction in the first place! AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This buck is killin' me!

That's huntin for ya. sounds like fun.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Funny how I dont feel as upset as you would think. It was almost as if he was like "Nice try, you almost had me there for a second."
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Trying again in the am. Hope he comes around.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's called taunting. It's illegal in football, but perfectly legal in deer hunting.