Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines! >

Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines!

Old 10-14-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines!

I'm starting to get as little discouraged! Been hunting 5 yrs now, and havn't got a buck. I'm always carefull to hunt down wind, camo head to toe, use the scents in moderation, and sit still as a rock.

Then I hear stories of guys so hung-over their puking out of their stand and smoking, and still end up killing a buck that same day.

I need to get a buck soon or I might take up that game plan.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:01 PM
BT
Typical Buck

Default RE: Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines!

Then this ant going to make you happy.

Have have killed a bunch of deer 10+ on the ground and i would take the cig. out to shot them and then start back smoking it.

One of my realy good buddys killed his biges buck making his way back to the stand aftere a call of natuer.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:13 PM

Could be you are trying to hard, your right the people who do not use all that special scents, smoke, fall asleep end up not having a problem getting deer. Try going out not caring if you see one or get one and they will be all over the place.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like your doing things right,but may not be hunting in a good area.Hang in there and don't get discouraged.Those that consistently score bucks pay attention to the details ,wind scent etc.You know the old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"So don't put much stock in the "yahoo method" of hunting
Old 10-14-2004, 09:14 PM

This ain't gonna make you happy either. Last Sat. morning I climbed in the stand about an hour before light. After settled I puked all over the place (little boy gave me the stomach virus). 15-20 mins. later I heard something pass maybe 20-25 yds. in front of me. It was still dark so I couldn't tell what it was.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:26 PM

I know for a fact that cigarette smoke is a curosity to deer and have had them come up wind trying to find the source, maybe the odor of puke, human urine and feces is a curosity to them also?
Old 10-14-2004, 10:54 PM

Hmm...

Maybe the dry heaves of a good puke, sound like a good grunt?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Over the years I shot many buck with my lizard hanging out or a piece of pizza in hand or hoagies in the stand with that good smell
Old 10-15-2004, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

I know alot of guys like that, they could go without a shower for weeks, were a tshirt and blue jeans and walk into the woods and get a big one.

The worst one i ever heard was about one of my cousins. He is really burnt out from way too many drugs over the years. About 2 years ago he was walking through the woods the first week of buck season. He was smoking some weed, and all of a sudden a buck jumped out of the brush, he layed his pipe down long enough to shoot it and then started smoking again. The buck was huge, 10 points and scoring around 140+. Almost makes me sick to see it on his wall. Seems like im wasting my time getting in full camo with scent killer and stalking and trying to pattern em,,, oh well i having fun i guess thats all that matters.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim Jordan killed the former world record without much "to do". Right place right time is the #1 success factor. If you think about it he probably wore his work clothes that smelled like everything except nature.

Quick Reply: Smokin', Chewin', pissin', pukn', Buck killin' machines!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.