Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What else/other hobbies >

What else/other hobbies

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What else/other hobbies

Old 12-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Default RE: What else/other hobbies

Jan.-Mar. = Predators
Apr.-May =Turkey
Jun.-Sep. = Fish
Oct.-Dec. = Hunt: Deer, Grouse, Pheasants, and Quail.

What off season!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What about wood working Greg? You do it right? Gotta anything for horn mounts??
Yes, I use a shield design for gun kills and an arrowhead design for bow kills. If I get some time, I'll dig some out and post some pics.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: daveyrock

During the off season...if you can even call it that...I fish all the time...from flyfishing bluegill(its more fun than it sounds)
-That is my favorite way to catch bluegill, especially when there on the nest.

-I forgot to add, wildlife photography, mushroom hunting" mmmmmmm my mouth is watering", tie flies, and somtimes look for indian artifacts in plowed fields
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Well, i hunt everything, i have a new RednWhite pup on the way, so I imagine lots of upland game. I am in the National quick draw association (new member) I shoot compitions in both tactical pistol and sporting clays. I Have played guitar for 16+ years. I Ride motorcycles, I currently have a triumph daytona 675, that will probably be a dedicate track bike next year. Looking at a 600 f4i for a stunt toy. My dad is a steelhead guide here in NE ohio, so I have gotton to do alot of really incredible fly fishing. I keep snakes and Tarantulas. and a lizard or 2. I love scotch (of hte single malt variety) I work on my own bikes/cars and have alot of fun with it. I keep a health drink business and am starting a new home inventoy business this month (iff all comes together)

Jesus.....after re reading that no wonder i am always so damn tired...
Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

morrell hunting is a great way to spend a day in spring...haha
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Upland bird hunting, waterfowl hunting sometimes. Bow building, carpentry, fishing and fly tying.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Fish, fish, fish. From March (or whenever the mighty Missouri opens) through Oct I'm chasing walleyes. I bowhunt in between fishing trips in Sept. and Oct, then bowhunt Nov. and Dec. Throw in a few pheasant hunts as well. Jan and Feb give me a break to get caught up on things and get ready for the fishing season, maybe do some shed hunting.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

EDIT: I guess since everyone is throwing in all the other types of hunting, thought it was a more general, "what esle do you do besides hunt" questionlol
Turkey hunt, dove, goose, duck, squirrel, collecting guns and shot glasses, drag racing, raising red and silver dorking chickens, paint ball, building stuff, designing camo patterns and turning them into clothes
Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 AM

Ride my motorcycle, shoot the bow, go to the gun range and hang out with my family.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do a lot of fishing, smallmouths & trout. All artificial lures for both. I dabble with the fly rod for trout, but its mostly spinners.

Next would probably spring turkey, a latecomer to thatsport, but man I love it.

And as much as I like to bowhunt, I'm into guns too. Love just going to the range and shooting.

I also follow nascar pretty good and goto a race or 2 each year. I like to stay somewhat in shape working out or playing sports. I played deck hockey and flag football for years, took a little hiatus, but have gotten back into both.

Quick Reply: What else/other hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.