Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What else/other hobbies >

What else/other hobbies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What else/other hobbies

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What else/other hobbies

I've always been involved in something at all times.......most have come and gone except bowhunting. I used to fish and specifically fly fish a LOT when I was younger. Growing up in Vermont in the middle of nowhere that was all there really was to do in the summers. I actually attended a summer program at the Orvis headquarters in Manchester one summer. This is something I've really gotten out of, however when I really feel I've accomplished what I can with 3D archery, I can see my summers being spent fishing again. Lisa really enjoys to fish too so it's something I think we can do together and really enjoy a lot, I'd like to get a boat once we are settled into a house.

I've also always been big into cars, grew up around american muscle cars and also been heavily into turbo cars as well. I actually built a nearly 400whp 1.8l turbo volkswagen powered by a 57 trim turbo that trapped at 118mph in the quarter mile, this was a car that made 130whp bone stock when I bought it brand new. I put in several hundred passes at the strip in this car and did a LOT of stupid stuff in it before I realized I was probably going to kill myself or someone else, and that I at one point had enough wrapped up into it to buy a small house. It was a horrible way to be spending money, but was tons of fun while it lasted. I'll probably have another project car again some day but not until I have a house payed for and a garage to put it in.

A few pics of my old project car........it was quite the sleeper except for that front plate.....[8D]. Matt might actually recognize this car, as I believe this is what I was driving when I lived in South Hampton @ Waterford.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM

I am a big fly fisherman. I fly fish about 75-100 days a year mostly for steelhead and trout. I also do a fair amount of photography.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

After hunting I scout after the first couple of snows
I ski
Shed hunt.
work on my property ( food plots & trails)
Play with the Wife and Kids.
but the hunting never stops Scouting,Hanging stands, Planting.

Hunting is my only real hobbie and I try and make the most out of it.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shed hunt starting in Jan. Shed hunt through toabout June. During those months from Jan-June, I will be snowmobiling with my wife all over N.I and into Montana, we'llgo on a couple sturgeon trips, my brother just bought an outfitting business on the salmon river! Jet boats and lots of fishing for steelhead and bass too along side the sturgeon. Coaching 8th grade girls B-ball again Jan-March. My oldest boy is playing basketball now too. He's six. Turkey hunting in March/April. Bear hunting starting about May 1, as soon as the snow levels in my honey-hole are down, spot and stock bears, no bait in this zone. I really like bear hunting, its grown on me quite a bit. I used to fly fish, dont seem to have the time these days. I am headed to Saskatchewan this spring for a week to look for sheds. I hope to be headed to Kansas too for our RJ get together! We have finished our garage and remodel the past two years, so my home projects are slowing down, thank God. The boys and I are gonna do some trapping this winter, mostly trying to get a bobcat or two. Summer time means one thing for me, scouting for big bucks in the evenings.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Vito1-those are some great pictures, what camera did you take those pictures with. I would love to fly fish for trout.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Roadkillwarrior

Vito1-those are some great pictures, what camera did you take those pictures with. I would love to fly fish for trout.
Thanks! It's a Sony PowershotS3. It's a point and shoot digital. Great point and shoot digitial but I REALLY want a DSLR. I have my eye on a Nikon D40. It has been put on the back burner because I'm buying a Diamond Black Ice in 2 weeks.

Here's a few more pics...

Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I take my boys fishing in the spring and summer. I try to hunt turkey's in the spring, but I am coaching baseball, so that makes it rather difficult. My brother and I will try and do a pheasant hunt in late Jan./early Feb. That's about it.....oh yea....I take my boys shed hunting whenever we get a chance!!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Rick James!!
Didn't know there is another dubhead on this board. I've been doing the VW thing for probably the last 10 yr. Now I've settled down for my 3.1L VR6 95 GTI cranking out 220whp.
Anyway, when I'm not hunting:
Wild Mushroom Hunting
Fishing
Snowboarding
Hiking
Camping
Biking
Working on Cars
Cooking stuff I killed
Probably forgetting something!!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:43 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Walleye and perch fishing on lake erie, and do some travling with a Pro Mod drag car till fall.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt coyote, waterfow, turkey and bowfishing all spring and summer

Quick Reply: What else/other hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.