Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss? >

Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

my first bow shot was a miss and was followed by two more misses at the same deer........yep.......but two days later....same tree........different outcome, got my first deer ever with my bow and it was a lil 8 point....never forget it!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Missed. Mature doe walked by at about 15 yards. She walked around my treeout of rangefor the next 5 minutes blowing the whole time. I wanted to hang myself from my harness.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was 1991, I was dozing off in my stand my release was in my pocket. lol

I woke to see what I thought at the time was a dog coming through the woods. It was a young buck a fork horn to be exact. I got my release nocked and went to draw back. My legs almost gave out and started shaking real bad. Then the arrow fell off my rest and started clanking against the riser. clank, clank, clank the deer stopped and looked right at me. Was probably thinking what is this guy doing. Then the deer bolted off and I released while he was on the run. Shot 6 feet over him thank god. I was really shaken up over the whole thing. Was not sure if I was going to cut it at as a hunter. Glad I stuck it out.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM

The first time I ever shot at a deer was whenI was walking down an old logging road. I was about half way down it and a little spike stepped out in front of me about 15 yrds. I drawed on it and put the pin on it and shot. I shot to high and it ran off. I have been hunting with a bow for almost two years now and I haven't killed a deer yet.LOL.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:22 AM

He shoots and scores!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I missed. I was out with a 45# pearson recurve. I was rather young 14 I think. I was on the ground as well. A nice 8 point buck walked out. I pulled and released with out thinking. I hit the deer in the antlers and made a heck of noise. He shook his head, looked around and trotted off. I learned a major leason that day. Calm down, focuse on form, find a spot on the deer, and aim at that spot. The next deer I hit perfect. A doe broad side at 15 yards. I have not got buck fever like that since.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM

My first shot was on a smaller 5x5 whitetail on November 27th. I had to crawl up on him through some CRP grass and I shot at 30 yards and took out both lungs and his heart. He went a couple steps and dropped.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

I'm one for one. Hit the only one I've ever shot at last Tuesday. Hope many more are to follow !
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

First 5 arrows I got 5 deer, then a clean miss off ofa branch, then 5 more arrows, 5 more deer!! I've been lucky enough to never wound a deer with an arrow, but i did wound a turkey this year!!![:'(]
Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 AM

I shot a little 8 point buck on open morning this year but I hit it low and it got away. I went back in there a few days later to try to kill it but I scared him off when I was walking in. I haven't killed a deer with my bow yet but I am trying and i love to bow hunt.

Quick Reply: Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.