HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/220249-your-first-shot-deer-bow-hit-miss.html)

virginiashadow 11-30-2007 10:00 AM

Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

My first shot at a deer came when I didn't hunt out of a treestand. A nice doe came walking by, I stepped out from behind a tree, put the pin on her vitals at 10 yards..... shot low and missed! LOL. I also missed the first shot I ever shot at a deer with a 30/30....missed a doe at 30 yards, again shot low...How about you?

LittleChief 11-30-2007 10:03 AM

RE: Your first shot at a deer with bow....hit/miss?

My first bow shot on a deer on 01 October, also a doe. Clipped the spine on the way down and she dropped in her tracks.

mobow 11-30-2007 10:04 AM

Hit, not recovered. [&o]

txjourneyman 11-30-2007 10:05 AM

First shot at a deer with a bow is the doe in my avatar.

GMMAT 11-30-2007 10:06 AM

CLEAN MISS!.....lol

I took ONE shot during the '05 season on the last day. Clean miss.....and I wouldn't take that shot today. It was only 25yds......but she was a little skittish. Clean miss - Low.

njbuck22 11-30-2007 10:07 AM

Hit and never recovered, i had NO idea what i was doingwhen i started. I was lucky just to see a deer.

Rhino259 11-30-2007 10:08 AM

Hit. It was a small 4 point. He ran onto the neighbors land and my neighbor shot and dropped him.

gzg38b 11-30-2007 10:10 AM

12 years old in 1988. I grazed the back of a spike with my 45 lb Darton MX-30. I was shooting with finger tabs and aluminum arrows at the time. I really don't think I aimed at that deer. I just yanked it back and let it fly. Talk about buck fever LOL!

Then I took a 16 year layoff from bowhunting, so it was almost like starting over from scratch. This time I had a Hoyt Razortec, carbon arrows, a mechanical release and a quality sight with a peep. I still had buck fever, and I competely rushed the shot, but I hit the liver and recovered a small 6 pt.

GR8atta2d 11-30-2007 10:11 AM

Off the ground..he was comng towards me. I centered the pin and shot him in the Jugular. He crashed 20-30 yards spewing blood like a fountain.

I didn't know better. But it worked!

virginiashadow 11-30-2007 10:11 AM

My second shot was on a nice 7-8 pointer the day before gun season like 7-8 years ago....clean miss right under the boiler room at 20 yards! GOOD god I felt like breaking my bow!