Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Hunter dies in fall >

PA Hunter dies in fall

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Hunter dies in fall

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Default RE: PA Hunter dies in fall

ORIGINAL: Germ

Atlas my questions is where are their priorities?

I know it is stupid on their part............maybe the fear of a fine would change their mind. Maybe not. If it saves 1 hunter a year I am all for it.

We have a seat belt law, and yet people still die from not wearing a belt[&:] We have piles of information about smoking, and yet people still start smoking in 2007[&:]
I would say that many more people wear their seat belts then don't wouldn't you??.......and surely more then before it was law. Not everyone will wear a harness even if it was a game law........but more will. As far as smoking goes their is as much or more encouragement out there to smoke as their is against it.

I think it should be automatic man slaughter charge if you kill someone while hunting, for the life of me I cannot figure out how people shoot other people.
Agree 100%..........and if you say "I thought it was a deer" the charge should be worse.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see you point
Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 PM

All I can say is that if making the law would get 4 more people to wear a safety harness that originally wouldn't of then I believe the law is worth it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:47 AM

I'm sure there are a lot more cases of fall injuries that we don't even hear about. My buddy hunts out of a 12" ladder stand. He doesn't wear a harness. Doesn't think that 12' is that far up. I've tried to convince him of the dangers, but unforutnately he won't listen. I was on a volunteer fire depta few yrs ago, & we got a call for a hunter that fell out of his stand. Same thing, ladder stand, he shot a large buck. He got buck fever & walked right off his stand to go see what he shot. Now he's a quadrapalegic. No good reason for him being injured. If had a harness on, he'd been okay. Unneccessary injuries. I always wear mine.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see you point
I don't. Said it before and I'll say it again. A free society must be willing to live with mistakes.

Take your nanny state and... I already have a mother.

Ya think people are stupid because they don't think like you and you want to pass a law. Won't be long because of the president set that someone will come along and claim you stupid and pass a law aginst you. They are already trying to claim more people mentaly unstable. The result, you can't own a firearm if you havebeen clasified that. EVER. You people are so quick to give freedom away.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with nodog 100%.

How many people could be saved if we legislated wearing helmets in automobiles?

I mean c'mon......if it saves ONE life, right????

Old 12-03-2007, 05:47 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

I see you point
I don't. Said it before and I'll say it again. A free society must be willing to live with mistakes.

Take your nanny state and... I already have a mother.

Ya think people are stupid because they don't think like you and you want to pass a law. Won't be long because of the president set that someone will come along and claim you stupid and pass a law aginst you. They are already trying to claim more people mentaly unstable. The result, you can't own a firearm if you havebeen clasified that. EVER. You people are so quick to give freedom away.

I mentioned a game regs change........no different then lights on sights, bow poundage or antler restrictions. The constitution won't go up in flames and no one is coming for your guns. I don't see where freedom comes into the equation........you are hunting under a state issued license no different then driving and each has rules for safety of both the license holder and those around them.