Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poll: Buck Movement >

Poll: Buck Movement

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poll: Buck Movement

Old 10-21-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Poll: Buck Movement

Anyone seeing increased buck movement yet. I know here in central IL they aren't moving before light yet. Seeing a few rubs though. Haven't been in a week.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poll: Buck Movement

I started seeing more activity a couple weeks ago , then it gradually petered out last weekend. Went out last night and should have known better (east wind) , and didn't see squat. For four years of log books I must have at least 6 or 8 hunts during an east wind and none of them have any deer recordings. Anyone else have the same results when there's an east wind?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:24 AM

I hunt public land ,i was seeing lots of deer until people started coming around the area,i know that there there but i am going to move and hunt sum were else...You got to go were people dont go...
Old 10-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ahven't been seeing POOP either.. Of all the people I know , All my friends and my Dad and my Brother, No one has shot anything yet.. I'm the only one.. lol
Old 10-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seen anything to be excited about. I have seen some bucks on my way home from work. No close-ups so I couldn't tell what they are.

This particular piece of land is near a housing development where they have no pressure. But I am working on that. Other than that I tried some "Whitetail Maniac" last Saturday for the heck of it and nothing.

Although I think this weekend is going to be interesting.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:01 AM

I hunt public land here in NE Oklahoma. I have not even seen a doe yet. Plenty of sign, just no deer.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:08 AM

I hunt public land in Northern Illinois and no sightings of Bucks in the daylight yet, seen a few driving in though at night.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:18 AM

Bowfantic, I have a saying that usually proves true here in Mississippi...........

"When the wind's out of east, they move the least, when out of the west, they move the best"..........

That always hold's true here. I think it is due to east winds usually related to low pressure, high humidity front and west winds usually bring in high pressure and cool temps.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:22 AM

I've seen a few moving in the early hours of the day but nothing out of the ordinary. The weather has started to cool so hopefully it will help to pick things up a bit.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:27 AM

I haven't seen a shooter yet. I've been seeing small bucks and a few does, but nothing to get a shot at...not even a doe. I have a feeeling things will change here in the next couple of weeks!!!!

Quick Reply: Poll: Buck Movement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.