Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which do you prefer to go to? >

Which do you prefer to go to?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
local guy
67.95%
bass pro
5.13%
gander mtn
6.41%
cabela's
10.26%
walmart
5.13%
farm & fleet (or farm store)
0%
other
5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you prefer to go to?

Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Which do you prefer to go to?

If you had a local guy with bow shop that had great service and quality selection and close to you would you go to his shop? Or, would you go to one of the big stores that may be just as close?

(and why would you choose the choice that you've made)

Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 AM

Default RE: Which do you prefer to go to?

The local guy because he will know what he's doing better than someone who is only working at the archery department for a day of two.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bass Pro shop is 4 minutes and 12 seconds (roughly [8D]) from my house. That's where I go. That's where I go quite often as a matter of fact. That's where I go entirely too much now that I think about it. I gotta go to bass pro and get a meat grinder ... have a good weekend
Old 11-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Id go to the local guy first. If they didnt have what I was looking for, then BPS.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

The local guy if he knows his stuff and will and have traveled 100 miles to reach him. BTW, I pass a Bass Pro 10 miles before I get to his place.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the local guy and don't even mind paying a little bit more to keep him in business.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: sunset

If you had a local guy with bow shop that had great service and quality selection and close to you would you go to his shop? Or, would you go to one of the big stores that may be just as close?

(and why would you choose the choice that you've made)
I'm not going to write an essay on this subject [:-]but I go to whoever is the closest. If they are the same distance from me, with comparable prices, I will go to the little guy because I like them. They are much more personable. I like that.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:34 AM

I go to the local, small shop

Oh, yeah, I am the local small shop
Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a local guy so I have to drive 30 miles to the shopeither way. I actually prefer the sportsmans warehouse I go to. The local archery shop across the street from Sportsmans Warehouse is a jerk. A friend needed a bowstring put on and he actually made him wait and said I need to take care of my customers first. All because the bow was not purchased at his store. THey push the Mathews out of there big time.
At sportsman's I trust the guys at least at this store. If I didn't I obviously would take my bow and buisness elsewhere. They even have put on blazer vanes at no charge. It's alot about price for this poor guy.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

i buy a ton of stuff online through cabelas. but other than that i will shop at the local bow shop to get anything i cant wait for.

Quick Reply: Which do you prefer to go to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.