Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your opinion on "Gun" bucks? >

What's your opinion on "Gun" bucks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your opinion on "Gun" bucks?

Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's your opinion on "Gun" bucks?

I don't think it's a big deal!!
There are all kinds of non bowhunting realted posts in here! Including ones that have nothing to do with hunting at all! It's not that hard to click to the next post!!
If it were 90% crap and 10% bowhunting itmight bother me, but it's not, so it doesn't!!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If I'm wrong....I'll say so.
Does this suprise anyone? [8D]
Old 11-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Spike

I'm okay with it. Now that I have shot a buck with a bow I think back to gun hunting and think it is much easier. No big deal with me and I like to see the end result of a good hunt, even if it's a small buck.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm in favor of double-standards.

If one of the "regulars" shoots a nice gun buck, I wouldn't mind seeing it - b/c everybody knows those guys. However, when I see BigBuckGuy987203 or some schmuck that nobody's ever heard of - posting pictures of his gun kills (with a post count of 3) - Moveit to the gun forum.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Rob, where did your post go? Pulling your foot out of your mouth now? [8D]
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the section should be renamed "Whitetails, and those that preferrably bowhunt them, but occasionally use a rifle too."
I prefer to bowhunt, but I go to camp a few days a year with rifle in hand too. Not sure I'd post a gun kill here. Probably just post it in the Northeast section.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont really care if some gun posts or pics are put up. My favorite method of hunting deer iswith a bow, but we are all hunters, and we are all deer hunters so anyone hunting inside my realm isokay withme as long as its legal and ethical. The more we unite as one team the stronger and better off we all are. Strength in numbers. LEAD SLINGERS UNITE!! hehe
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Rob, where did your post go? Pulling your foot out of your mouth now? [8D]
No, I'm thinking about it....making sure I word it correctly Dan.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually, Quick.....this is EXACTLY how I feel.

I'm in favor of double-standards.

If one of the "regulars" shoots a nice gun buck, I wouldn't mind seeing it - b/c everybody knows those guys. However, when I see BigBuckGuy987203 or some schmuck that nobody's ever heard of - posting pictures of his gun kills (with a post count of 3) - Moveit to the gun forum.

Mobo....you misunderstood. No gun kill is "cheaper" than a bow kill. I never said that. But.....when a guy hunts for a deer with a bow all year....and comes up short. He probably (I could be wrong) feels like the effort he's put forth is diminished.....if people are posting gun kills in the forum where he could have (maybe) EASILY filled his tag.....had he chosen to hunt with that weapon. People hunt witht he bow for their whole lives and never take a "great" buck.....because they've handicapped themseles to a certain yardage by virtue of their choice of weapon. Then.....the guy Quick cites above comes in and throws one up in the bowhunting forum. I can see where the bowhunter might be a bit miffed.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:28 PM

OK...My take.

None should be in here....period. Double standards are lame. Who cares what weapon anyone uses.....

Pretty simple.

Quick Reply: What's your opinion on "Gun" bucks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.