Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you all see your arrow hit and how?? >

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

X2!

ORIGINAL: smokyghost

I use white feathers, usually 2 white and a brown and white mixed. you cant miss em, good for that low light min.It's also good for checking blood or stomach matter on your arrow after the shot. usually whenI shootI follow thru until the arrow hits, with the white feathers it helps alot.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

seeing the arrow hit is very important. It' your follow-through. Don't peek though just keep the bow up and your eye on the target!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have two green and a white quikspins i plan to change colors because both i times i miss i could not see the arrow in the ground because of the color blending in but when i was shooting inside i coulda litt but they mve so fast i do not see a need to ant like you can change the arrows flight when it is flying

unless your magnito
Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

seeing the arrow hit is very important. It' your follow-through. Don't peek though just keep the bow up and your eye on the target!

Exactly...........anyone who isn't seeing their arrows hit has a poor follow through........looking at the deer, instead of aiming the bow.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

You damned right I'm
looking at the deer, instead of aiming the bow.

I keep my eyes glued to the spot I wanna hit.....instead of "Aiming the bow". My pin is in my peripheral....and my target is in my eyesight, front and center.

Just because someone else doesn't do it the way you THINK you do......they have "poor" mechanics?

Rich.....

Here's some lines form a thread I did on this exact topic a few months ago.....

Rybo - when I am in the yard I see every shot except the very close ones, the bow is too quick. On a deer I see more than half of the shots by the fletchings. If I don't see them, then typically I see the hole or tuft of fur. Then on some occasions I don't really know at all. I think a lot depends on lighting and bow speed. My bow isn't blazing, that's whyI think I see most except for the very closest shots.

Bobco – (Who shoots Trad) - I don't always see the fletching, but I do usually see the impact of the shot since my only focus is on the spot I want to hit.

Mikey S. (Commenting on Bobco’s response) - This is proper shot execution. Focus on your spot. Ifa guy is trying to watch hisarrows, he'sinviting problems into the equation.

I very rarely see the fletchings. For hunting, I like to use 2 whites on my arrows, mostly to help find them after impact. And I still don't see them in flight. I sometimes catch a flash of the fletcings as they pass through the animal, but not becasue I look for it,it just happens. In all honesty, if a buddy asks me where I hit a deer after I shot it, I can usually describe the shot and POI within a couple inches of where it actually hit. I base this on where my pin was sitting on the animal when the release goes off. We often decide on when to track it based on our own shot assesments.

GMMAT - That’s pretty much the way I see it. I can tell you exactly where the impact on the animal was…..but I can’t tell you unequivocally that I saw the impact. I’ve now killed deer from: 19yds, 10yds, 22yds, 7yds, 33yds, 27yds, 7yds, 20yds, 10yds, 10yds, 14yds, 10yds, 20yds.

I have ONCE seen the hole open up. I talked to Rob/PA about this just last night. Rob’s one of the most accomplished archers I know……and he told me he sees impact about half the time (hole open)……and the other half he just “knows” where impact is.

I’ll buy that.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Site Buck Guru

98% of the time I see the arrow or the nock dissapear through the deers hair. That's how I know where I hit. Sometimes, in lower light conditions, I see the hole in the deer. In the rare occurances that I don't see the hit, I've done something wrong. It's all about your follow through. Keeping your pin on the target until after impact. No matter what, you're looking at the deer but more importantly you should be looking at a very small part of the deer. The exact part you want to hit. If you do this correctly, you'll see the point of impact.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

two way street for me, sometimes i see it hit, looks like slow motion, and sometimes not at all. i think alot depends on the amount of daylight vs low light situations.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 AM

Instead of making blanket statements concerning follow through or lack there of, couldn'tit just be that some folks see better than others.I can't see the BB flying out of my kids Red Rider either, but he does...
Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see mine hit usually. Right when I see it hit I try to take a mental snapshot and then stare at the deer after the hit to see how it reacts, obviously looking at the entrance/exit wound. I usually can see my arrow right before it hits.

shadow
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM

I usually concentrate so hard on the actual shot that I don't see my arrow in flight, but I see the arrows impact. Shot an 8 pt2wednesdays agoand when the deer came by he looked straight up at me at 15 yds. I did'nt move just remained as still as possible. Well the deer started stepping backwards and I knew this was probably going to be over pretty quick. I waited and the buck turned and took several bounds away from me and at the same time I drew my Bowtech Allegiance and hoped this buck would stop. He did and was broadside but my pin was shaking all over his vitals. I had to tell myself to calm down and take the death grip off thehandle and when I did the pin quit shaking. I then took my time taking the shot(28 yds)and placed the arrow in the crease behind his shoulder. Only went 50 yds. As I think back to this kill I did not see my arrow in fright but I did see the impact. Sometimes I get in a zone and am on autopilot and things just happen automatically. I'm not contiouslly looking for it but I do see my arrow in fright sometimes but not always. With bright fletching(white) you can see it if it's not to dark. Just make sure you don't pull your bow away to see the arrow because this will cost you in the accuracy department. Sorry for being so long winded but I sometimes like to draw a picture with my reply.

Quick Reply: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.