Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you all see your arrow hit and how?? >

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

They don't make a lumenick for a/c/c's.....or I'd be using them. In the past two years....I've killed 13 whitetails....MOST on shots 15yds or less. I have never seen the fletchings hit the deer. I have seen a hole open up on the deer....but I've never seen the sletchings make contact. I shoot 3 white fletchings with a 6" white reflective wrap. I have probably hit (including follow-up shots) a deer with an arrow.....close to 20 times. Never seen the fletchings make contact.

I shoot a 3/8" peep with both eyes open.

There's NOTHING wrong with you
Old 11-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, sometimes I see it but usually only on longer shots. I'm like GMMAT, I see more holes appear than arrows fly. If you're picking the hair you probably wpn't see a lot of arrows fly. At home in the yard in nice light is one thing, in a pine thicket or deep shadows or changes from shadows to sunlight you'll rarely see them. I listen more for the TWACK than anything. TWACK is a beautiful thing.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Jeff, if you are shooting the 3-60, and remove the uni bushing, lumenocks work perfect.

I see my arrow fly, and I see my arrow impact. But what I learned this year is that it DOES NOT impact where I thought it did.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Shootin' 3-71's.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

i shoot 2 green and 1 orange Blazer on my arrows with orange nocks. also shot 2 green and 1 white before that...

weather its target shooting or hunting, i can watch my arrow fly and watch it impact whatever it hit...it wa amazing watching the broadhead open the hole on my buck this year and watching the arrow sink through and disappear..

i shoot with both eyes open and "follow through"..dont move anything..release the arrow and keep everything still and try to watch the arrow...its there...you dont have to peek to see it..both eyes open and youll find it...i can even stand behind my buddies and watch their arrows fly...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i shoot 2 green and 1 orange Blazer on my arrows with orange nocks. also shot 2 green and 1 white before that...

weather its target shooting or hunting, i can watch my arrow fly and watch it impact whatever it hit...it wa amazing watching the broadhead open the hole on my buck this year and watching the arrow sink through and disappear..

i shoot with both eyes open and "follow through"..dont move anything..release the arrow and keep everything still and try to watch the arrow...its there...you dont have to peek to see it..both eyes open and youll find it...i can even stand behind my buddies and watch their arrows fly...
You must have great vision or your arrows are flying at 20 FPS. lol.

I've been shooting both eyes open for many years and can't see my arow in flight regardless of fletching/nock color. You actually saw the broadhead open? You are kidding right?

Edit...

Read slower Jim. The guy said he saw the hole open up.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:13 AM

I shoot with a big yellow/white fade wrap and 5 inch chartruse feathers...Almost all of the time I can see it fly and impact.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:27 PM

For all you guys that say you don't see your arrow hit the deer............do you see your arrow hit a target when you shoot 3D or paper??
Old 11-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Do I see it IN the target? Yeah. Do I see it HIT the target? Nope. I think if the deer would stand still (ike the target) I might "think" I saw it impact. In reality....my bow's shooting 300fps and at 15yds I can't see it impact. I "think" I can at longer yardages on a 3D animal.....but it's probably just "appearing" there.....and I "think" I see impact.

I've killed enough deer, now.....to KNOW I don't see the impact. Never have. I remember seeing a hole open up on ONE doe's back. I've never seen the fletchings/vanes make impact in 13 deer (+). I
ve always thought......if my arrow is flying true.....I should only see the nock and maybe" the back side of the fletchings as they spin.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lumenok and if you followthoughyou should be able to see you arrow. the lumenok works VERY well!!

Mat

Quick Reply: Do you all see your arrow hit and how??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.