Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes! >

The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Ya even have some DNA proof . [:'(]
LOL........

I hope you bag him jeff, good luck
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Hopefully they take care of the guy for you. That is just sickening and I remember the stories about this guy. Tresspassing is as bad of a problem as poaching. It is a major problem in my area. Unless you have every single tree in your woods posted people believe that they can hunt the property without permission. It is sad that most people around here don't realize that even without the woods being posted they are still private property and you need permission to hunt them.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you get that SOB. Very aggrevating..
Old 11-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

We have a sleezeball like that where we hunt. He hunts a tree line out in the middle of 3 fields with the only deer he ever sees coming off our land. When we hunt, we can see if he is there or not and if he shoots. Well, we heard no shots the other day from him(Sunday, last day of first season gun hunting in Illinois). Then his wife calls my grandfather, the actual landowner, to tell him that her son, who is a grown man, shot a deer and went over to their land(right where we hunt) to get it yesterday some time. First off, I don't believe that for one second. Secondly, this isn't the first time this guy trespasses as he does it all the time.

On a different story this guy called my grandfather about a week ago to ask if he wanted to sell/give them this old antique-type plow that is sitting in my grandfather's tree-line by my grandfather's house. Now, first off, he could have NEVER seen the thing if he didn't trespass at some time to see it as it is nowhere near his property. So my grandfather, not really liking the guy, tells him he isn't using it but doesn't feel like selling it right now. So, what do you know.....The next day my grandfather and grandmother leave the house to go to Church and eat and come back and notice tracks from a tractor right through their backyard and the plow stuck just in the field right outside the treeline. Those bastards just came over when he was gone, probably thinking he left for Chemotherapy in which he is usually gone all day.....and tried to just take the thing.

Another time, the son was trespassing doing something in his truck back near that plow.....about 200 yards from the house and road.....and he gets stuck. Grandparents weren't home again, so the father comes over, just jumps in my grandfather's tractor, which has some type of plow or drag on it, and just takes it out in the field to get him. Well, he doesn't take the implement off and just drives through about 2 feet tall corn about 50 yards in, smashing corn and everything, then notices and drops the implement and takes it off. AND JUST LEAVES IT THERE!! He gets his idiot son out, and puts the tracktor back and leaves the implement in the field. Never calls to tell them what happened or anything. My grandparents call and they say what happened. No thanks or nothing.....

Oh yeah....and back to the hunting discussion part. My dad's brother, who hunts near us talks to another guy who hunts near us and says he talked to the idiot son and he says something about us poaching deer all the time with rifles(which are illegal in Illinois). The guy he told knows my dad and said, "I know him and I don't think he would EVER do that.....He usually passes on just about every deer anyways, why would he poach them?"

I mean....what is with some people?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I got one that's even almost as good. I was 20 feet up hidden really really well one day behind this neighborhood of yuppy mansions in Maryland. I was probably 100 yards from the back of these lots. There was a crew raking/blowing up leaves for this yard. I had watched the owner come out and greet the morning and leave for work. The work crew arrives and I get distracted watching a couple does down in the woods. Suddenly I hear voices. I look down and this straw boss for the leaf crew is walking my way talking on his cell phone. He comes down and drops his drawers about 30 yards from me. He continues to talk and grunt everything out at the same time. Now the good part. After dumping his morning breakfast of tacos and refried beans he continues to talk, stands, pulls up his pants and walks back to the yard to continue supervising. You know, there's something that tells me a guy isn't too interested in details of a job if he can't take the time to wipe.[:'(][:'(]
Old 11-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

2 things, GMMAT, I know nobody likes to cut their hunts short, but when he said he was going to tell the land owner you should have said,"Yeah lets do that" and proceeded to climb down and ****** him wherever he was going. Vogt, sounds like you've had more than enough opportunities to call the law on this guy. Tresspassing would have been the least of it, how about attempted robbery, vandalism, grand larceny of a tractor, etc. One motto I try to live by is "Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me!"
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, sorry GMMAT thats just a bad situation and one that will never end unfortunately. There is nothing a game warden can to that will be severe enough to stop this family from trespassing. Trust me, Ive been in a similar situation.

Oh jeez, nice Dave heh. Not suprising on the lack of hygene.

Heres a story for you. I was hunting my Aunts 66 acres a few years ago afterabout 20 years of begging. She has owned the place for 22 years andNO onewasallowed to hunt because she had the property loaded with cows, steers, bulls, calves, sheep. goats, breeding pheasant and quail etc .... Well my Uncle passed away she eventually had to sell the animals as it was too much work by herself. So, she finally said okay, its all your have fun. Yeehaw. This was 2 days before opening day of gun season. I figured I would bring a friend to this potential gold mine that has not been hunted in twenty some years, some climbing stands and bows. I go to her house, she cooks us up a dandy breafast, and drive through her pastures using the gates, its 5AM and pitch dark. I park my truckjust inside the last gate, we are getting our gear together, and this flashlight starts coming at from about 100 yards. Well, this guys starts in on me, GET YOUR TRUCK AND GET THE F%^% OUTTA HERE!! THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY!! I said yeah I know, its my Aunts place, and who are you?? He said hes been hunting this farm for 20 yearsetc etc etc and threatens me to the point where I put my bow down and stepped to hisface where he immdeiately backed down, and backed up 5 feet holding his rifle. Im not one to fight unless the button gets pushed, and it was pushed. Anyway, turns out this guy never had permission, we called the police and the game warden, I got his truck tags, his name etc and nothing ever happened. Worst part is, he comesback every season. I dont even bother hunting there, toomuch drama for me.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trespassing would be better suited for the cops or sheriff wouldnt it? Try them instead of the game warden. Im not certain on what a warden could do in your state.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to have indigestion after reading these posts. Please people, do what you have to to put these trespassing poachers in jail. They will never stop as long as they get away with it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

The warden's a friend.....and he's been called on these yahoos a LOT over the years. He's going on the hunting on county land angle. We'll see what happens.

Quick Reply: The dumping bandit from God's great acre strikes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.