Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow for defense

Old 11-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow for defense

I would Waste that S.O.B. and never think twice you come into my house your getting killed and i dont care how i do it the job will be done.

Ryan.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 PM

Well I would grab your bow and sneek down to your hunting room and get one of your guns and then make your way back up stairs and get that son of bitch.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Could you imagine what a Rage would do? I dont even wanna think about it. BTW just get a dog, when the dog barks call the cops. Get everyone into a safe room. Lock the door and wait for help, if all else fails, load the 308 and tell him Im a sniper and the toilet paper is in the bathroom............
Old 11-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It all depends on how long you can hold full draw.

Go in a full draw and order him, her or it to lay face down on the ground spread eagled with fingers interlocked behind the back. That way, you can be at full draw again if they try to get up. Any resistance or non-immediate compliance could result in an arrow being sent amiddrifts to the offender.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, I guess I would have no choice but to use it. But I would be yelling I am armed and hope the intruder would leave. And think of all the blood all over your house if you shot him. I wouldn't want to have to clean that mess up[&:]
Old 11-22-2007, 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: sr77

Problem with this scenario is that you cannot legally shoot someone, even if they are in your house unless your life or a family members is under direct threat. So for you to find this out, you would have to be in relatively close proximity, in my opinion to close to have a bow in my hand.

Shane
Not in FL, we have a shoot first law. I plan to abide by it.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bo and Luke Duke never used no guns
Oh and by the way officer, could you ask the coroner to return my arrow and broadhead, Im going hunting tomorrow...thank you

This is great stuff guys.

I echo the rest. Bow gets used if nec. Got the gun near the bed so the bad guy doesn't take off when he hears me pump one in the chamber, then it's his own fault for the extra opening he will have.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a barrel of dynomite in my basement that can be detonated by remote...when someone breaks into my house i gather everyone up and we hop out the window....once weget outside at a safe distancethe kids count down 3...2...1 and i press little red button on small black remote and........

the boy and mewait for daylightto search for human remains....while HoneyDewmakes phonecalls to the insurance company.

meanwhile we found some body parts in our search...

it was 3 blocks away inthe middle of the street.....it was a pretty powerfull blast

turns out it was just a whale from the local Aquarium that Wandered off in search of food after a late night doobie, and thought our fridge might have a tastey treat for him.

one eye witness knownas"CrazyDave" made a911 call from his room atSmellyPines nursing home and stated thathe waslookingout the windowata full moon when he seen What appeared to be a Whale fly by.

Theyupped the dose of ''Crazy Daves" medication the next morning after he swore to the Nurse about what he saw...

now hesbeen relocatedfrom the nursing home to the NutHouse and his only friend is a strait jacket named "Clyde".
Old 11-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Typical Buck

I dont think that would be a real thought out idea for him. My buddies always mess with me and say "He's ready for Iraq" or some crap because we have guns in every room/closet of our house except for like our living room (in the open), bathroom (why?) , and kitchen (no room)!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know why everyone is so concerned. A broadhead to the brain will make short order of anyone, Without hesitation I'd let one go. I'd probably aim mid chest but given the right opportunity, the head shot is deadly. LOL

Quick Reply: bow for defense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.