Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow for defense

Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default bow for defense

OK lets say some one is in your house or tying to break in armed with a gun

you went target shooting and your defense gun be it a rifle ar or shotgun or the most common a handgun you left it down stairs in your study or hunting room where you cleaned it but you bow is in the closet next your bed

i know a bow is just about the worst thing to use for defense in a house against a gun

so do you get your kids bring them in your room with the ow in hand or

go after your gun Down stairs after you get them family safe

would you just use the bow for defense
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow for defense

Wouldn't happen to me, I have got guns hidden everywhere and no kids.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like a friends step dad when i was a kid he was a army ranger and had three aks four pistols and two shotguns at least one of which was handy in any room
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 AM

I wouldn't be anywhere near that house...I'd push the button on my car alarm and then call the police...that's their job!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ey motuna tell that to the guy whos about to shoot your family
Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Defending yourself with a bow in your house (against an armed intruder)makes the guy that brought the knife to the gunfight seem like a genius.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

here's another one ......"let's throw enough crap against the wall, and surely SOME will stick!" ... wanna get a popcorn thread going .....
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM

I always have a gun in my room.

Assuming I didn't, I think the biggest question I would ask myself is: Do I stay here and wait for him or do I take up a little dangerous game hunting?

I know the law would probably disagree with the second, but like my law professor always says, "Shoot til they're dead and then there is only one side of thestory to be told."
Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Spike

Lets all hope this never happens. I would defend my family with anything I could get my hands on including my bow. There is little question what a devestating thing a broad head is.I would certianly hit the panic button on the alarm system and get the cops on the way. If the crook was lucky he wouldnotwake up the little woman. She is a real monster when woke up in the middle of the night. I am sure she would tear him to peices!( I can only hope she doesn't read this post or I will be in for it.)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

OK lets say some one is in your house or tying to break in armed with a gun

you went target shooting and your defense gun be it a rifle ar or shotgun or the most common a handgun you left it down stairs in your study or hunting room where you cleaned it but you bow is in the closet next your bed

i know a bow is just about the worst thing to use for defense in a house against a gun

so do you get your kids bring them in your room with the ow in hand or

go after your gun Down stairs after you get them family safe

would you just use the bow for defense
Once my kids are safe... I grab my bow and turn on the "Sight Light" and the first person/Body I see in my peep gets the shaft!!!!! Shoot first, ask questions as to why this stranger is in my house last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: bow for defense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.