Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed a good one. >

Missed a good one.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed a good one.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Missed a good one.

I needed a different type of limb savers this evening! I grunted in a 3 point around 5 O'clock. He came to within 8 yards. I hit the grunt call again right close to dark and I heard a deer come charging out of the clearcut. I was worried that it was going to be too dark to see him, but he walked in an open lane and was checking a scrape. He was at about 30 yards. I drew on him and I couldn't see my pin, so I lowerd the bow and turned on the light on my sight. I drew on him again and let it fly. It smacked a hanging vine or a limb and snapped my arrow in half. I couldn't tell exaclty how big he was, but he had at least 4 on one side and he had some serious mass to him. I'm going to try to get after him again this week after work if time will allow.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Missed a good one.

Is it legal to hunt with lighted pins?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Is it legal to hunt with lighted pins?
Depends on what state you are hunting in
Old 11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have no idea, to be honest. What I do know is that the bucks have lost their minds and I love it! They are running does to death. My buddy couldn't even get to where he was wanting to hunt this morning because the bucks were already chasing does on this way to his stand. He just stopped and climbed a tree and saw a 4 pt and a 6 pt chasing a doe. I had an 8 pt run a doe right under me yesterday morning, but it happened so fast that I couldn't have gotten a shot even if I wanted to. He just wasn't what I was looking for (14 inch spread).