Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climbers making noise in cold? >

Climbers making noise in cold?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbers making noise in cold?

Old 11-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Climbers making noise in cold?

Anyone have any problems making noise with their climbers in the cold? I am having some when I sit down to "tighten" the cable around the tree. Anyone use anything to stop this???
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Climbers making noise in cold?

i use a lone wolf sit and climb, the stand is quiet as can be. i highly recommend it. where is the noise comming from?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

I might have to look into that. The noise comes from when i sit down, and the cables tighten. But sure how to stop it. This is the first morning I hunted with it in fairly cold conditions, and it neve stopped. I shot a doe this morning, but it still isnt right. How easy is the Lone Wolf to climb? Those are really light stands, correct??
Old 11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

I also have a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. It is very easy to climb with. I had hip pain last year and could not hardly climb with my Summit, and my wifes' uncle turned me on to the LW. It is not as comfortable to sit in as the Summit, but I stand up about 50% of the time. Also yesterday I took a seat cushin from an old turkey vest and used it with the LW seat and it was very comfortable. One thing to keep and watch is mine developed a squeak one day. The black cross brace on the foot platform would squeak every time I moved. When I got home I took the bottom belt out and there are 2 allen head bolts on each side, 3 of them were loose, 1 was very loose. Tightned them up and fixed the squeak.